Friday, August 17, 2012

I Can't Even Right Now

Oh people... let me tell you.
Last night I experienced one of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life!
And when I got home and climbed into bed I just cried and cried.
Because I am that pathetic.
Because people do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME.
And nobody was hurt.
But it still traumatized me.
I cut someone off... BAD.
And boooooooy was that lady in the white mini van piiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!
You see, after Institute last night Mimi and Chi and I met this sweet, helpless little return missionary who had just arrived from Virginia, had no gas in his car, and had no idea where he was or how to get back to his aunt's house.
It was quite pitiful.
Plus he seemed nice enough so we decided to help him out!
We had him follow us to a gas station, and then after that we had him follow us to a FroYo joint so that we could eat and find directions for him.
However, upon pulling out of this gas station I saw that there was a dumb median in the way so I couldn't turn left (which way the direction I needed to go!).
There was a nice return missionary behind me.
There were two of my dear friends in the car with me.
I had college and my new job, both of which start next week, on my mind.
I also had some major family issues and changes on my mind.
I was pretty distracted and was trying to to figure out the best solution to get us out of it safely and quickly.
So I pulled out and into the left turn lane so we could flip a U and head the right direction.
However... in driving school they teach us to be careful of our blind spots... and that thought did not cross my mind until I saw two bright headlights shining into my car as I headed across the road into the left turn lane.
Guys.
I was terrified.
And I was horrified, not only that I had cut RIGHT IN FRONT OF THIS LADY, but that I had put my friends in danger and that THE FREAKING RETURN MISSIONARY WITNESSED THE WHOLE HORRIBLE THING!
Guys.
Seriously.
I can't even right now.
I just sat paralyzed at the red light and when the lady in the white mini van that I had so horribly cut off finally got up to where she could see me she was LIVID! Her window was rolled down and her face was red and I'm quite positive that had she been able to strangle me... she would have.
And I wanted to apologize, I even tried to mouth it to her, but no... she drove away, just as steaming as ever.
And so I just...
Photobucket
It wasn't pretty guys.
I swear... I SWEAR... I am such a good driver.
The odds just were NOT in my favor last night.
And I'm quite certain that I'll be re-living last night for like... the next five years.
Geeze.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs