Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Five Reasons I am Excited For School To Start

Alright, let's be real here. Graduation didn't feel real until about two weeks ago when everybody over here in Chandler started school...
...except for me. :)
My brothers all started school and I had the house to myself. Nearly all of my friends (because pretty much all of my friends over here are Seniors) are at school so at the same time I have like... nothing to do but do laundry and twiddle my thumbs. :)
Thsi is why I am oh so excited to start school in a couple of weeks! Nervous, yes - don't get me wrong - but it's excitement nonetheless.
You see, most kids are dreading the start of school. Social awkwardness, homework, stressful professors, and a somewhat loss of freedom.
But PEOPLE! Get excited! :D You have been offered the opportunity not only to culture yourself, but to educate and widen your mind! God has given us the priceless gift that, should we choose, we are able to learn and to discover that which He has created and boy oh boy am I excited! :)
But besides that, here's a rough list of what I look forward to after the next few weeks:

1. A Regular Schedule:
One thing that's hard about summer is an uncertain schedule. Besides maybe one or two big things that I have to do, my days are normally pretty open. Dudes. That stresses me out! I need to have scructure in my day, and having a regular schedule gives me a skeleton to build my days around. Structure = No anxiety.
No anxiety = a happy Jadyn Maree.


2.School = Work. Work = Money.
Guys I am SO SO excited to start this new job I am getting into. my background checks are already under way, I became CRP and Basic First Aid certified this past weekend, and today I get to complete another round of certification. All I need to finish after this are colecting my three letters of reccomendations and I get my job interview! :D This job really is the perfect fit for me, and it will be so flexible for my school schedule, and it will pay so well in order to support me and to help save up for the future. Seeing as my scholarship pays for tuition I now have a source of income for books, and gas with the means to save and that security means so much to me!


3. New People, and A Chance to Keep in Touch with Old People.
You know, moving to Chandler was a blessing. I have met the neatest people who have had a great impact on my life. Heavenly Father blesses me through the people He allows me to cross paths with and I'm really excited to find out what He has in store for me in that aspect. No, not in a "future spouse" kind of way, but more of a "what can I learn from you" kind of way. Plus, let's face it... I have been seriously lacking in the keeping touch with Mimi department and school will let me see my best friend on a regular basis again! :)


4. Class Content
Oh my gosh... not to brag or anything... but my classes are cooler than yours! :D Intro to Human Anatomy and Physiology, Intro to Alternative Medicine, Overview of Massage Therapy, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, etc., etc., etc. School allows me to fertilize and expand my mind and I am so excited to make room for the things I am going to learn this year! This is the start on the road that will lead me to becoming a Homeopathic Doctor (the ultimate goal) and baby steps are what I'm prepared for. :) Bring on baby step number one!


5. Adulthood!
Seriously... college? I'm in college?!? There is a sureality surrounding the idea of college that I am about to break through. That barrier between saying and doing no longer exists. It is here, and I am on the threshold. It's terrifying but at the same time exhilirating. I love it, and I can't wait to take it and run with it!

And in the spirit of school starting, I don't think anybody could rant about it while tugging at his hair better than our good pal Scott Green could.


So be good in school if you've already started, get pumped for it if you haven't, and DFTBA. :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs