Okay.. I've been holding the fangirl in for far too long... it's time that I share with you all the magical majesty that is the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. *yeep!*
It's a modern take on the classic novel Pride and Prejudice (if you've never heard if this story until now feel free to leave this website, put your computer down, go into a hole, and don't leave until you've read the entire thing... then come back, because you'll have been missed) only with a twist! It's set in modern days... ooooh!
It's a project that was launched by Hank Green (a vlogger who, along with his brother John, I have been saving to blog about for a grand occasion... they are seriously the best two people on the planet) and has been going on ever since April and... holy cow... I am not proud to admit it, but I am so addicted. I have my dearest friend Emily to thank for this addiction, but I will not curse her. I will thank her. Because seriously? This mini series is the best. thing. ever.
It's so clever, and so true to the story, but yet they've adapted it so well to fit into our modern time period that I can sometimes get caught up in the characters and even forget that I have to be paying attention to the literary aspect of it! And speaking of which, they're always throwing in lines from the book, and geez! It's just great. :)
Minor differences?
-Charlotte and Bingley are Asian (but still beautiful, mind you).
-Charles Bingley's name is changed to Bing Lee (Asian... remember?)
-Fitzwilliam Darcy is just William Darcy.
-There are only three sisters. Kitty is a kitty (works a lot better than you'd think it would), and Mary is a cousin.
-Collins proposes a job offer, not marriage (it was BRILLIANT!)
-Jane goes after Bing when he leaves.
...and that's just about all I can think of right now... shall we see the highlights thus far? :D
Okay, so I know it's not feasible to watch all of them right now (which I totally would not be against), but I am going to post up a few of the episodes that portray some of the most important aspects of the book... ready?
1. First episode, introduction.
2. Bing Lee moves in!
3. Lizzie meets Darcy.
4. First proof that Darcy is into Lizzie.
I adore Jane's impression of Darcy! "Are you fake texting?" "It's really important."
5. Lizzie meets George Wickham!
6. Mom's convoluted plan.
7. Lizzie meets Mr. Collins.
Collins... this Collins makes me laugh harder than most things.
8. Mom's second convoluted plan.
9. Welcome to Netherfield!
10. BEHOLD! Bing Lee!
Are they not the CUTEST couple you EVER SEEN?!?! :D
11. Caroline being a controlling coniving crazy!
12. More proof that Darcy is into Lizzie.
Oh Lizie... just give the Darcy-Bot a chance!
13. Collins' proposal.
Collins' face in this screen shot... *snort* :)
14. Charlotte accepts.
15. BEHOLD! Wickham!
If this actor isn't the best most jerk-wad of a sleezy Wickham, I don't know who is!
16. Jane finds out Bing Lee's skipped town.
16. Jane decides to go after Bing.
You go girl! Go get your man!
18. Lizzie meets Catherine De Bourgh.
I just want a stuffed doggy like that one... is that too much to ask?
19. Lizzie finds out Darcy broke Jane and Bing up.
Can Fitz just be my best friend? I'd like that even more than the stuffed doggy.
20. BEHOLD! DARCY!!! :D :D :D
Needless to say upon Darcy's entrance, I may or may not have...
...just watch the goodness. :)
21. BEHOLD! MORE DARCY!!! :D :D :D
Darcy confesses his undying love for Lizzie and she shuts. him. DOWN.
*sniff sniff*
Are you still with me? Did you make it through all 21 videos?!?
Or did you (which I assume most of you did) simply scroll through the endless list of embeded youtube videos, nod your head, and simply watch the last two?
That's alright. I respect that. :)
I'm going to wrap this up now, but all I have to say is I can NOT wait for Monday's episode!
I feel relieved to have finally shared this obsession with you all.
Have a lovely day now.
And let me know what all of you thought in the comments below!



No comments:
Post a Comment