Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Take on the Ten Burning Questions: Tallahassee

It's no secret that I have become completely enthralled with the ABC television show Once Upon a Time.
And in that enthrallment I have converted just about everybody I can to the amazing television series (it's all I can not burst out with excitement and crazy hair-brained theories in general, the least I can do is make sure that the people around me understand what I'm talking about when it happens).
So I have this favorite website for OUAT theories, spoilers, and just plain fangirl articles that I often frequent when I've got some spare time in the library after I finish homework, or when I really need a second opinion on something, or when I just plain want to be able to geek out about something. It is called WetPaint.
WetPaint does this thing every week after an episode called, "Ten Burning Questions", where (though it IS pretty self explanitory) they take the episode, disect it, and bring up ten questions the episode dug up... because let's be real... this show is written and directed by the people who had a hand in Lost... there are going to be more questions than answers in every episode.
SO... since I am such a nerd, and since I still have 45 minutes before my Alternative Medicine class starts, I figured I'd have a go at some of WetPaint's "burning questions", and come up with a few of my own.
Ready?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Lady Jane's 10 Burning Questions from Sunday's episode Tallahassee!

1. Is Neal Cassidy actually Baelfire?
Photobucket
Gurl please... I called this one ever since the season 2 premier "Broken", I'm telling you, Cassidy HAS to be Baelfire! The odds are jsut too stacked in its favor! First of all, I'm sorry to shoot down all of you Bae-is-Peter Pan-ites out there, but let's be real... Bae hated magic. That hatred of magic was the reason he got the magic bean in the first place (to get AWAY from magic), so why one earth would he use that bean to travel to Neverland (which has magic coming out the wazoo)? His promary objective was to have his father back, not to never age. Plus, how cool would it be if Henry was the product of the son of the Dark One and the daughter of True Love (i.e. Charming and Snow)??? Talk about crazy future plot lines for Henry! Also, why else would Neal be so convinced to go along with August's story about magic if he hadn't already believed in its exhistence before hand? Which leads me to question number 2...

2. What The Heck Was In That Stupid Box??
Dude... I don't even know. Maybe Henry's Fairy Tale stories? Since August was keeping tabs on Emma, he'd probably know where her baby had been sent therefore knowing where to send the book. Maybe it's a token from the magic forrest? It could be another bean, or something of Rumple's... whatever it was, though, it had to be magical. And whatever it was, it had to have some kind of meaning to Bae (assuming that Cassidy IS Bae), otherwise he never would have been convinced to leave Emma. :,(

3. Did Snow Lie About Her Dreams Fading?
I think so... did you see the look on her face when Aurora started recounting her dream? Instant recognition there! Plus, Mary-Margaret hasn't always been the most effective liar... you could see it on her face that she still suffered from nightmares time to time, there was fear in her eyes. And on a side note, was it not the cutest thing being able to see Snow's maternal side? As much as we love her kick-butt moments, it was sweet to see her taking care of Aurora the way she was. :)

4. Who Will Emma Choose?
Gah! I don't know, but whomever it is, it better not be Cassidy! No offense to him, but he has too much of a slimy bad-boy feel... I mean, he knocked ehr up and then left her to rot in jail! Granted, this was August's fault, which puts some demerets in his favor, so will she choose Hook? They both have expperiences with heartbreak, and let's get real... as much as I didn't want to, I LOVED seeing them working together. I'd be a fool not to admit that they're adorable together, plus he's gorgeous. But she and August have so much history, and Neal is the father of her baby so... looks like Emma's got some tough decisions ahead of her (stuck between three beautiful men, poor girl).

5. Was Emma Right Not to Trust Hook?
Photobucket 
In my opinion... while I do think that Hook is definatley up to something, I don't think it was right of her to lock him up in that giant Hurley's castle (by the way, how awesome was it to see Hurley again?!?), and I am so afraid that it will push Hook back to Cora (if her wasn't already still with her). However, Killian Jones is not a man of little wits, so this may actually give him the hots for Emma MORE than he did before, and if things go well up there with his 10 hours with the giant, he may not completely and totally hate her... right? Hopefully? I don't know, I just want more Hook-Emma moments so badly, and I don't know if I will ever forgive her if Hook hates her now (especially if she chooses Cassidy... that'll be TWO wammies sista!). I mean seriously, did we not all die when Emma grabbed Hook to keep him from the trip wire wherein he assumes she's grabbed him because he's "bringing sexy back"? This is gold people, GOLD!

7. Speaking of Gold... Where Was He?
I don't know, but now that he's already taken Emma, Snow, Aurora, and Mulan's place in one episode (Episode 4 - Crocodile), this is truly a testiment to Hook that he can hold his own as the episode's only villian. Seriously... is there anything this man can't do? (no offense Rumple, you're still my favorite... just shape up a little will ya?)

7. How Will Emma React When She Finds Out What August Did?
Photobucket
Dude... Mr. Booth had better find a good place to hide. When Emma finds out that August was the one who drove her boyfriend away, got her arrested, was the reason she had to give birth in jail and give up her baby, AND that he kept the money Cassidy gave to her (really Pinocchio? Really???) there are only two things that could happen. She could either magically forgive him and they could skip on over to Granny's for a milkshake... OR she could completely flip out and beat him to a pulp. Emma looks like she wants to punch everybody in the face anyway, so I'm going to go with the latter. (if you're still made of wood August, better stear clear)

8. How Many More Oz References Do We Need Before We Actually Get to See It?
We've seen the green curtain, we've seen the crystal ball, we've heard about the slippers, there are flying monkeys in Henry's book, AND Regina has even said that she didn't care if her magic turned her green... and now Mulan gives Emma a poppy-based sleeping powder that will put the giant to sleep? There are too many coincidences here... just too many.

9. What Do These Shared Nightmares Between Snow, Aurora, and Henry Mean?
Now that we know that the nightmares are side effects of the sleeping curse, what other secrets do they hold? We know that in Aurora's dream she sees a man while Henry sees a woman in his, so does this mean that the dreams could be a connection of some sort? Is this how Snow and Charming will finally be abel to communicate with one another? The spoiler that released that tidbit of info did tease that the way of communication would require "sacrifice"... will Charming willingly subject himself to the sleeping curse just to be with Snow? I'm sensing crazy time ahead, crazy times!

10. How Awesome is it Seeing Henry and Charming Bond?
Photobucket
SO awesome! This sweet little grandfather-grandson bond is probably oen of my favorite parts of this season. and the candle lighting? I don't care how many people will make fun of Charming lighting a candle after Henry's nightmare of a "burning room"... it's precious! Can Charming do no wrong?

------------------------------------------

If you're a OUAT addict just like me, let me know some of YOUR theories! What did you think abotu last week's episode, and are you are freaked out for poor Ruby next week as I am? :S
And if you have not yet been graced with this series, and you actually took the time to maek it this far, first of all well done! Second of all, go watch this series right. now. Go ahead! Off you go!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs