Okay guys, let us all take a moment to be thankful... after all, tomorrow IS Thanksgiving!
I am SO SO grateful that my Psych/Women & Films exam went well today (knock on wood). I feel confident in saying that I think I earned a solid B on that puppy.
I am so grateful for the cool weather we have been getting... it is seriously gorgeous.
I am so grateful for my job. It is seriously one of the most entertaining things I have ever taken on and has stretched me in the best ways. I especially love the days where we have nothing planned (no scouts, no goals, no homework, no doctor visits, etc.) because those are the days we either get to play or veg... and when we play, we play hard... and when we veg, we veg hard. Never a dull day with my buddy. :)
I am so grateful for my puppies. That is all.
I am SO SO grateful for a mom who listens and understands me. I am so grateful that I can talk to her about boys and things that I would otherwise be embarassed to talk about, because she ALWAYS gives me the best advice.
I am so grateful that my best friend gets home a week from next Tuesday. I have missed him so these past two years.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for His atoning sacrifice.
...
...
See? Doesn't that feel better? :)
Now that I have proven to all of you that I am not a bitter hag who lives for the moments she can scurry up to her little hobbit hole and rant about everything she hates, lets all take a moment to observe the inevitable...
I knew sooner or later my hair would hit it:
"The Awkward Stage"
I mean, growing any pixie out is a dangerous situation to play around with.
On one hand it's dang fun to be able to play around with all of the "in between" stages of growth! On the other hand, when you're as challenged with hair styling as I am, and when your hair is as fine and thin and sparse as mine is it can get a bit tricky.
You see, my hair is filling out quite nicely on the bottom (as you can see from the pictures above... I pulled it out so that you could see just how long it really is!!! Just remember... this stuff was probably a half-inch to and inch long at most at the begining of September), but it is making my hair quite bottom heavy and making it appear saggy, flat on top, and really unkept looking.
I am just PRAYING that...
a.) I will be able to schedule a hair appointment for Monday to finally get a trim and some color. I never do anything too drastic as far as color - just a demi to add a bit of depth and dimension to my naturally one-toned color (I added some fabulous reddish/copperish highlights last time for fall and LOVED them... would they be too much for winter?). Let's pray that I can maintain my self control and keep my hair dresser from hacking all of my locks back off... trust me... it's tempting.
b.) I will be able to handle having hair that needs legitimate styling again. I seriously haven't used a flat iron in a year (except on my bangs) and let's face it, my teasing techniques have suffered a bit over the year as well.
Overall I am just so ready for this mane to be tamed again, and to not feel like a cave troll roaming amongst the living dead.
...
...
Okay, I guess it's not THAT bad... but YOU aren't the one who has to wear it.
Like I said... fingers crossed.
And Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:
Post a Comment