I would like to first begin this post by apologizing. My last post was driven by hurt feelings and disillusionment with the 2012 election, not from what it should have been driven fro, which is the love of Christ.
The truth of the matter is, I had faith in Mitt Romney. I was not happy with how the past four years had played out, and I was very much ready to see President Barack Obama out of the White House.
Not because I am racist.
Not because against equality.
Because he had broken promises, had lost my trust, and had given me no reasons to believe he was worthy or qualified to lead my country.
So when I had the opportunity to vote? When I had the chance to have a say in who I wanted to lead the country from 2012 to 2016? What an honor! I put in my ballot and walked away feeling empowered! I had just done my civic duty, and had voted for who I believed was the obvious and exceptionally best candidate.
However, due to many dissapointing factors, the election did not play out as I had so hoped and prayed that it would.
I felt scared, hopeless, and angry. Not because I hated Democrats, and not because I hate Obama, but because I was sad. My sadness and dissapointment is what fueled my anger, and in that anger I wrote as heated as a political post as I dared on Facebook:
"It's going to be a seriously rough four years. I am shocked and thoroughly dissapointed in our lack of ability to see through the President's lies.
'So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.' "
'So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.' "
I knew there might be a few people who would retaliate in response to what I had said in the height of my heated feelings, but nothing could have prepared me for the amount of hatred and blinded ignorant remarks that bombarded me from my news feed in the following minutes!
I was appalled!
I made me want to cry!
America, this beautiful country that had been fought so hard for, was destroying itself based on the principles and platforms of a blue donkey and a red elephant....... *floored*
I was even more shocked when, in response to my post, a loved one of mine was even driven to publicly belittle and humiliate me with hurtful words... the way that the media has turned the Republican and Democratic parties against each other has really begun to tear our country at its seams, and is making its way into the way that human beings are starting to treat each other.
It is dangerous.
It is unhealthy.
It is debilitaing.
People are people just like everybody else, and there is no room - NO ROOM - for hatred!
I had the wonderful opportunity of lunching with a close friend today, who happens to have political beliefs that contradict mine. I've always known this, and knowing that our views don't match, and knowing that I am still young and still have much to learn in the subject, I stayed away from the topic.
But today we did begin to dip our toes into the political pool of conversation. Yes, we only skimmed the surface and tested the waters, but one thing that we both passionately were able to communicate with one another was at how sickened we were at the amount of hatred and disregard human beings have developed towards other human beings.
A successful Presidency cannot become successful unless is it able to balance both conservative and liberal ideas within its actions... it's yin and yang, you can't be healthy without a little of both.
However, people don't quite realize this I guess...
If they did, I don't think I would have had to read any of this...
"Four more years of hell..."
"Here's to a future of unmotivated free-loaders, high taxes for people who work hard, and crappy healthcare!"
"Excuse me while I throw up..."
"I refuse to let a bigot sit in the White House." (in refernce to Romney)
"I'm honestly surprised that Obama hasn't gotten assassinated yet. Fingers crossed."
"Our country is going to crap."
"Absolutely sickening..."
"Good luck getting your job back Governor Romney."
"Get used to being underemployed."
I am in now way judging anybody who may have written any of these or anything like these.
I admit that mine was up there on the list of un-Christ-like statements.
But that's really the truth of the matter here, we are going about this the wrong way! Obama is President now, and as unhappy as I may be about that it's time for us to get on our knees and pray for the man in charge of our beloved country. We musn't fight against him, we must work with him!
No matter our racial, sexual, political, or religious offiliation, we have a duty to our country and to our fellow human beings.
God cannot control out agency, but He IS in control. He knows what He's doing. Obama may be our President, but God is our King.
I may not understand everything, but that is okay. It is not my job to understand everything, it is my job to love.
God bless America. God bless the Obama family. God bless the people of this country, and the hearts of those who are healing, hurting, and especially those who are hating.



No comments:
Post a Comment