Wednesday, December 15, 2010

That's it, You Caught me, Take me Away Now!

Yesterday I was in band craming for my Math Review Worksheet... and by craming... I mean finishing. Don't worry, the shame only increases from here. I was sitting there doing crazy, meaningless Math problems and I was getting kind of frustrated. Was I going to be able to finish in time? What was more frustrating was that I knew how to do all of it... I just didn't have the time to write it all out (slow writer... it's a gift and a curse).
Then along comes Jeffrey. Not the bestie Jeffrey in Salt Lake or the 16-year-old playa-playa Jeffrey (psh! He doesn't read my blog, I can call him a playa-playa if it's the truth!), this is the crazy good French Horn playing Jeffrey from Woodwind Quintet (those are some good times). So he moseys on over and says, "Hey Jadyn, watchya up to?"

Me: Ugh! I'm just trying to finish this dang homework assignment before next hour!
Jeffrey: Ooo! Is that Math?
Me: Unfortunately.
Jeffrey: *sits down next to me and looks over the packet* You're making pretty good progress.
Me: Yeah, but I don't think I'm fast enough to finish it all before the bell rings.
Jeffrey: Do you want me to finish it for you?
Me: .....*contemplating*........ would that be cheating?
Jeffrey:....... *contemplating*..... do you know how to do all of this.
Me: Why yes, yes I do.
Jeffrey: Will you give me a back rub and let me listen to you iPod?
Me:..... eh, why not?!

Photobucket
Yes, shameful. I traded my honor for a back rub and a finished packet. Was it worth it? Well, today in band Jeffrey ran over with his iPod! We had two hours to kill... the first hour and a half of that was spent with one earphone in his ear, and the other in mine, and both of us singing at the top of our lungs.
It was bliss.
I think the shame might had been worth it.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

shame shame. but we all do it at least once in HS.

i love your new header!!

Alexa said...

we've all be there.
funny thing is though, i think playa playa jeffrey might actually read your blog. haha. it's on his blog list. i'm glad woodwinds jeffrey saved you! i love people like that.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs