Monday, June 7, 2010

Roughin' and Toughin' it at Girls Camp

Well this is my Girls Camp post, but guess what else is special about this post???
IT'S MONDAY!
This means that my Girls Camp post will be formated into an orderly top ten list of my favorite things about Camp. :)
Ready... Set... GO!
1- My WardOh golly, where do I even begin? I love my ward so so sooo much! I think that's been the hardest thing about moving. I really don't care about having to leave the house, it's the people, and these people are the best people I've ever met!

I really think that every girl in our Stake wishes they were in our ward! :) No joke! When you look at other wards there are cliques, there's drama, there's fights, but there is absolutely NONE of that in our ward! Nothing! We all get along so well, we're all friends, it's so great. :)We're also a pretty decent sized ward. The wards in our Stake are either REALLY HUGE or really small, but we're pretty even. We're "just right". :)I just LOVE my ward!!!!!

2- My Bed

Yeah, this is a pretty silly thing to love, but this year I decided to make my cot feel like an actual bed, and let me say, it was pretty dang swell. The only downside was that it was a little bit chilly without the flannel layering that my sleeping bag has. I didn't slee pa wink the first night until Brandi had to give me back my Yummiest Blanket that I had let her use.Speaking of Brandi, I was right next to her bed... SCORE!And Sister Wagher brought us these cute little chalkboard/sticker name tags for us to write our names on and put above our beds! Cute huh?

3- LOST! I can't tell you how proud I was when Brandi texted me a couple of days before camp saying that she had just started to watch Lost. It's all we ever talked about while we were up at camp. :)

We even dedicated our decorated camp shirts to Lost (my shirt wasn't ever finished). :( We're going to get together for Charlie's death and make Team Desmond/Team Charlie shrits, because really, Lost is so much better than Twilight on SOOO many different levels. (I'm Team Desmond, she's Team Charlie)
4- Being Bitten By a Snake

Ok, so the YCLs were in charge of the Camp "Pep Assembly"... but it wasn't actually a Pep Assembly. While the Girls Were getting decked out and ready to bring their ward spirit, we were getting ready to bleed out, barf, go into shock, etc. Why? Well... the Pepe Assembly was a surprise disaster drill, that's why.

Our Ward had Scenario 6: Snake Bite, and I was happily volunteered to be the victim, so I was bitten by this little guy seven times that afternoon. :)

And I had to scream and kick and pretend like I was a panicing little girl who was dying of a snake bite (embarassing picture... yes).

Our lovely Ward YCLs.
5- Taking The Road Less Traveled

Ok, this one's a little bit random, but Brandi and I were bored during our free time on day one, so we decided to explore and pretend that we were in Lost. :) We ended up finding a short cut from our cabin to the Lodge by taking the "Road Less Traveled By" (a.k.a. the paths that were overgrown with shrubs and bushes). :) 6- Being a YCL

This was my first year of being a YCL, and man, was it awesome! It was such a different experience than just being a regular girl at Camp. And let me just say, that we rocked it during certification! We were teaching about first aid kits and the first four steps to treating accident victims, and we weren't prepared so we were just wingin' it... and dude... duuude, we were awesome!!! :D Those little first years were pretty dang great too (except for the ones who thought that they were cooler than us... because really, you can't get cooler than the YCLs, soory little girl.)
7- The Tim Burton Apple

Well... um... there IS as story behind this, but I think it might be better to just leave you all wondering. Sorry. :) You'll never really know what this little guy is all about.
8- Coloring!

It's Kendree! Again, I'll just leave you to your thoughts with this one. :)

9- Singing Ourselves to Sleep With Phantom of the Opera :)

:) Let's just say that when you stay up past midnight and you have Brandi and I sleeping in the bunks next each other and we're in the mood to sing the Phantom of the Opera word for word ALL THE WAY THROUGH... there's no stopping us! :) (sorry there's no pictures)
10- The Spirit

Really while you're at Camp, it all comes down to the Spirit that's there. It's a dedicated Camp site and everything that we learn there is centered around the Gospel. It's amazing, I love it, and there is NOTHING I would have rather done last week. :) I love you SR1! You girls rock my world!

How To Train Your Dragon Quote of the Day: The *sun* was in my eyes Astrid! What do you want me to do, block the sun? I can do that you know!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

hahah i loved it! espically the lost part!! GO CHARLIE!:)))

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs