Seriously, I spend more time with them and their children than girls my own age!
Don't ask why, I don't know either.
This isn't the point, though.... well... ok, it kind of is.
I've made really really really good friends with three women in my ward out of the fourish years I've been in it.
Not that I don't love and talk to the other women, because I do. But they don't feel like my best friends/older sisters like Marilyn (Sister Scott), Sister Cole, and Tiffani (Sister Benson... I'm technically not allowed to call her that until I move out of her ward, so shhhh!) do.
I have been telling Tif-... Sister Benson about my fears of driving ever since I could legally get my permit, which was about 6 months ago, and for about that same amount of time she's been telling me that I need to take driving lessons from her husband who is a master driver.
I can honestly say that, though it would be nice to learn from the master, driving still wasn't too appealing, so I agreed just to shut her up. :)
But after a couple of months she started pestering me more often until she got him to announce in Sunday School (yesterday) that he would be willing to give anybody in the class free driving lessons in his little Baja Buggy.
It was then that I realized there was no getting out of it.
Well, today was my first driving lesson!
Yeah, I wasn't planning on it being today, but Sister Benson kind of scheduled it for me... :)
And though I hate to say it, it was really really fun!
I only almost died three times, almost hit a pedestrian once, and had a mini heart attack twenty eight and a half times (couhgcoughsarcasmcough)!
So watch out, I'm having another lesson sometime this week. :)
P.S. That pededstrian was never in any real danger, just to let you know. Brother Benson kept saying, "Alright, now someone's coming." and I kept saying, "Who? A Prairie Dog? I don't see anybody." so he would say,"Use your periferals! Be aware of what's going on around you." and so I did, and I was like, "I still don't see anybod-.... ohhhh, you mean him....".... Brother Benson, "Yeahhhhhhh". *facepalm*
P.P.S. I forgot again,
How to Train Your Dragon Quote of the Day: "We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard. So, who's with me?" [Muttering and mumbling, most of the Vikings decline] "All right. Those that stay, will look after Hiccup." [There is a chorus of shouting and raised hands] "Aye, that's more like it."




2 comments:
Yay for driving...you will be a pro in a couple of months. By the way, your baby picture is ADORABLE! Kelsey looks just like you did when she is sleeping.
-Melissa
Yay for driving...you will be a pro in a couple of months. By the way, your baby picture is ADORABLE! Kelsey looks just like you did when she is sleeping.
-Melissa
Post a Comment