Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Losing Your Mind and Slowly Succumbing to Insanity in This Arizona Heat Really Isn't as Bad as You'd Think...

The great thing about living in Arizona, is that you always have an excuse to act strangely in the summertime!
I'm not kidding, you can ALWAYS blame it on the sun!
Say you're golfing with your buddies, and it's your turn to... hit the little ball (hey, I'm a writer, not a glofer). You're about to swing when all of a sudden you have the sudden urge to quote The Lion King. It's eating you up, but if you start yelling "Hakunah Mutata" in front of your golf buddies, you'll never liv it down.... but wait! You live in Arizona, and it's summertime, and boy is it hot! So you take a chance....
"MUFFASAH!!!!!"
And then you start laughing hysterically. Your golf buddies are giving you that look, so you quickly pull you act together, wipe your brow and gasp, "I'm sorry...*gasps for breaht*... I can't help it... *motions upward to the sun*... it's this heat!" And you instantly have a pity party at your feet. One person offering to fetch you a glass of water, another urging you to hop into the golf cart and drive back to the car for some air conditioning. Saved, once again, by the Arizona sun. :)
What I'm trying to say, is that in this crazy Arionza heat, I forgot to do a top ten list on Monday.
I know, I know *hangs head in shame*.
I can't do a top ten today, because it isn't Monday... but what I CAN do is do a top five list!
And here is our topic!
The top five reasons why I LOVE living in Arizona!

1-You Can't Beat Arizona Sunsets
Mhm... I know what you're thinking... and yes. This is pretty much what it looks like every night. It's absolutely gorgeous!

2-Arizona Rain

I've heard from other sources that anywhere else in the world rain is miserable and comes down is angry sheets and freezes the country sides and floods roads... not in Arizona! Here, the rain sometimes comes down hard, but mostly comes down at a steady/gentle rate, and makes the earth smell clean! It's refreshing, especially if you just take a step outside and stand in it. Best. Feeling. Ever!


3-Arizona Winters

Ha ha, yeah. This is what winter looks like. :) Slightly more barren, slightly less bright, much much colder. I think the lowest it ever really hits down here is 40 degrees Farenheit in the dead of winter in the middle of the night. :) But hey, our thin valley blood freezes at the thought of it! My point being, we can freeze without ACTUALLY freezing down here, and we don't have to worry about stupid snow. :)


4-Arizona Heat = Almost Year Round Swimming Season

Really the only months it's too cold to swim in are October-February! Pretty much andytime else you can just jump in the pool! (I guess it all depends on how much you can take though) :).

5-Privacy... We're Completely Surrounded By Mountains

This has got to be my favorite part of living here (besides the rain and sunsets). It's like we're completely cut off from the rest of the world! I mean, just loko at the winter picture, all you can see in the horizon is mountains! And heck, they make the sunsets 10 times better. :)

That is all.

How to Train Your Dragon Quote of the Day: "I hope I get some serious burns." "I'm hoping for some mauling, like, on my shoulder or lower back." "[sarcastically] Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it." "No kidding, right? Pain. Love it."

2 comments:

Alexa Dyan said...

Oh dear. I love this post. Mostly because I love Arizona, too! Someday I might live in Virginia or somewhere with more trees and grass, but for now, Arizona is practically the most perfect place on earth.

auntieED said...

I love love love love love this post because I too, like AlexaDyan and you, LOVE Arizona! It is the only place I will ever choose to reside. Except maybe Washington and Florida.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs