Today, 16 years ago, I looked somewhat like this:

Why?
Well, yesterday whas my 16th birthday, that's why! :)
I honestly didn't have huge hopes for this birthday because... well, for the past four-ish years, my birthday has been somewhat brushed over.
We've tried, but somethig always just comes up.
This year was so much different though!
There weren't any parties or big sweet 16 she-bangs, but I spent the entire morning with my ward and the entire afternoon with my mom and the entire evening with my friends.
What more could I really have asked for???
So yesterday morning I woke up at around 7:00, got up. got s bit of breakfast, and then took a shower. After I was showered and dressed, we (my mother and Grant and Trey and I) all gathered in the living room to open gifts.
My mother is the most talented card maker in the world, and she made me such a beautiful birthday card! (Even with the majority of he stamps already packed up) :)

I was very happy for this gift. Many of you may not know this, but I am paranoid about smelling good, so naturally I am in LOVE with perfume! This is the second actual perfume that I own now (very exciting), and I have been eyeing it for a couple of years now. It smells sooo good!

Besides smelling good, I am also obsessed with vintage-France. Anything vintae I like, andything French I like, anything that falls under both categories I LOVE! I am so excited about this, and I'm so thankful to my mom for being selfless and deciding that she would let me have it... because she has the same love for vintage-France that I do. :)

Alright, now check it out, my mom and I read a ton of Mary Higgens Clark books, and while she was in Costco my mom found this! I feel a movie marathon coming on! :)

So after this joyful gathering, my mom drove me to the church building, and I had volleyball practice with the young women in my ward, Sister Keim, Sister Cole, and eventually Sister Ward. There are normally about twelve girls that show up to volleyball, but yesterday (including me) there were only FIVE girls there! It was sooooooo much fun! We just volleyed it back and forth, leaders against girls, and we were laughing our heads off the whle time. I love you Sister Cole and Sister Keim!

When I got home, my mom and I loaded the twins in the car, dropped them off at my aunt Tammy's house to swim and play with our cousin Thomas, and then headed over to Hobby Lobby to get a mirror. Well...we couldn't find a mirror. But we found just about everything else! Here are just a few of our findings:

Found on sale at Hobby Lobby

Found on sale at Hobby Lobby

Found on sale at Ross
After our fun "antique" shopping afternoon and a refreshing salad & soup lunch at Paradise Bakery, we went home and did some normal summer stuff (packing, cleaning, playing piano, etc.)... but then I got ready for something very exciting! My first date!
My date was my friend Spencer who planned a surprise birthday party/date for me. It was so fun! There were five couples there, including us, and we played Apples to Apples (Haley kicked butt!), Curses (I got stuck talking like a Pirate/Scooby Doo with an echo...echo), and Maffia (we killed Kurt and Spencer off every time) until 11:30 pm! It was so much fun!
And that's it in a nut shell. The best birthday ever! :)And here's something we haven't done in a while:
How to Train Your Dragon Quote of the Day: Now, you're thinking about this all wrong! It's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand.




2 comments:
My little Jadyn is growing up!!! So glad you had a great time! :)
I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Love you!
P.S. Your shirt in the bottom picture is the super duper cuteness. Goodness.:)
Post a Comment