Monday, May 31, 2010

Sing Your Little Heart Out

So a while ago Busy Bee Lauren suggested that everybody do a Top Ten every Monday on their blog of any Top Ten they desire.
So far she hasn't done it, so that is my consolation that by doing this I am not conforming to the masses. :)
Because I am definatley not a conformer.
So, with no guilt attatched, and in no particular order, my Top Ten Favorite Singers/Music Makers!

1-ColdplayOh I've always loved Coldplay, their music totally speaks to me, no matter what mood I'm in. Talk, Square One, The Scientist, Fix You, etc. are the songs I always listen to when I'm down. On the other hand, songs such as Viva la Vida, Shiver, A Rush of Blood to the Head, In my Place, etc. are the songs I always listen to when I just need a goo doseage of Coldplay. I love them so much, and no matter what other great singers come around, they will always have a special place in my heart!

2-Owl CityOk, let me just say, I loved Owl City WAAAAAY before Fireflies became super popular. I do love that song with all of my heart, but heck no is it because the radio plays his songs way too many times in a row (I don't even listen to the radio, so HAH!) Anyhow, this guy is just plain FUN! I mean who doesn't love him??? (besides Tyler):) These are the kinds of songs that I dance to when I'm all alone in the house and there is no chance of anybody seeing me... kind of like Taylor Swift in her music video You Belong With Me....mhmh, just like that. :)

3-Priscilla AhnOh man, I love this girl. She's so sweet and cute and her songs are so calming and just plain good. She's raw talent. Her songs are all so real-life, not fake, not about relationships, just refreshing. I love it so much! Most people know her from her song Dream, which is a bit over played in my opinion, but more people should know her from her other songs, such as Red Cape, In a Tree, Wallflower, Astronaut, Good Day, etc. They're sooo much better!

4-EisleyEisley, in terms of my little brother: the Circus Clown People. :) They have a very unique sound, and Travis is not a fan of unique... but I LOVE them!!! Their songs are so much fun... not quite as fun as fun as Owl City, but still fun. Not everybody can appreciate them, but I think everybody should at least try. Either you'll love them or you'll hate them. I love them! :)

5-Jason Mraz
Oh don't even get me started on this guy! He is so amazing on sooo many different levels! He's real, he's funny, he's adorable,and he has clean raw talent! I always kind of liked him, until my friend Brandi showed me the light. Now I'm pretty much in love with him... but not as much as she is. :) She is the ULTIMATE Jason Mraz fan! Check out his crazy awesome blog, and check out his music. Oh, and as a side note, I do not love his song I'm Yours... sorry. :)

6-Andrew Lloyd Webber
Ok, confession time.... I only love Nadrew Lloyd Webber because he created my greatest love of all: the Phantom of the Opera. I know, I know, it's wrong to use Mr. Webber like that, but this musical is worth it! I used to be more scared of it than anything else in the world, but oh man, now it rocks my life on so many levels! The music, the costumes, the set, the story, the music! I am a secret, still-in-the-closet Opera lover! I listen to it while I'm doing the dishes, and this musical takes the cake in that aspect! The music is to die for! (and as a side note, Gerard Butler is the best Phantom that I could have ever asked Holywood to come up with!) On the topic of Opera, let me introduce you to...
7-Mirusia Louwerse

I just recently discovered this girl, and dude. duuuuuuude! She has TALENT! If I could know her and live my dream of being a famous Opera singer vicariously through her... I would. She has the most clear, solid, clean, and effortless Soprano voice that I've ever heard! At 19 she was the youngest person to ever win the Dam Joan Sutherland Opera Award... I'm not really sure what that award is, but apparently it's a pretty big deal. :) When I said that I listen to opera while I do dishes, I should have said that I listen to Mirusia Louwerse while I do the dishes. :)

8-Claude Debussy

Ok, really, who DOESN'T love his music? Claire De Lune? Reviere? They're gorgeous! There really isn't much more to tsay about it. I love the French vintagey sound of his music (if it's even possible for music to sound vintage), and I love the accomplishment I feel after I've played through one of his peices. :) He's my favorite classical composer.

9-John Mayer

Oh John Mayer... he is such a jerk, and a player, and always looks like he's high, but sings like an ANGEL! No matter what mood I'm in I'm always in the mood for his music. He's right up there on the list with Coldplay. My dad absolutely hates his voice, and I've met a couple other people who agree, but I say, "Dude! You can't change my mind, I mean, listen to him! His voice is flawless!" Really, you ca ntell me whatever junk you want to tell me about his personal life, I won't care because I'm not marrying the guy, I'm just basking in the glory of his voice. :) Anybody who cares to join me may.

10-Regina Spektor

Oh boy, this girl rocks my world! She's real, she talented, she's beautiful, she's confident, she's such a great role model! I discovered her from Camille's blog, and I've been in love every since! I think, besides Kiera Knightley, I have a girl crush on her. :) I also have a girl crush on her music. Holy cow, this girl sings my kind of music! And I love how her instrument is a piano and not a guitar! Not offense to guitar players, but everybody plays guitar! Even a ton of people on my list. But Regina Spektor is always playing piano in her songs, always, and I love that about her! (I'm also biased because I play piano and fail just a little bit on guitar, but hey... no biggie)

So that's it in a nut shell. Enjoy the playlist that I've comprised of songs from all of these people, and I'll see y'all whe nI get back from Girls Camp of Saturday! Nothing much more to say other than.....

How To Train Your Dragon Quote of the Day: You know what he's like. From the time he could crawl, he's been... different. He doesn't listen, he has the attention span of a sparrow! I take him fishing, and he goes hunting for... for trolls!

Trolls exist! They steal your socks, but only the left ones. What's with that?

1 comment:

kami said...

jadyn! i LOVE eisley. i don't think i have ever met anyone who likes them too. how neat! although, the only album i have, i got years ago. i am sure they have new stuff out by now, speaking of which, i should check it out. and, they totally do sound like a circus band.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs