Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reasons Why Today is Exciting

Reason Number 1: I Just Discovered THIS!!! 
Photobucket
Um... how come nobody saw fit to tell me in 2010 that Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote and produced a sequel to his masterpiece The Phantom of the Opera?!? Hmmm... nobody? Nobody has an answer? It is absolutely magnificent, and haunting, and tear jerking, and incredible! I swear I cannot believe I never knew it existed before now (seeing as Phantom is my absolute favorite musical), but now I absolutely have to see it. It is set 10 years from the burning down of the opera house, the Phantom lives in America now and runs a "freak show" on Conney Island called Phantasma. Oh goodness, I'm listening to it right this very moment and Sir Webber... you have succeeded the impossible: making me love a sequel. Yeep!
 
Second? My Friend Haley contacted me and asked me if I wanted to join the choir she sings with as another soprano (because two of theirs had babies... pffft!), and since EVMCO hasn't contacted me yet...? I figured I'd give it a go! I'm going to go to one of their auditions on Thursday and I couldn't be more excited! It's been far too long since I've had a musical outlet. :)
 
And lastly: Tomorrow is the First Day of School 
Photobucket
This I am actually seriously nervous for... but this also means that I am that much closer to starting my hands on training as a massage therapist! So while I have a feeling that this semester will kick my butt in the biggest way, I will have a job (not sure if this will help keep my sanity or help me loose it more), I will have a musical outlet (at least I hope...), I will have a physical education class (yay for exercise!), and I will have a Jeffrey (yay for Jeffrey!). So here's to hoping for as successful of a semester as this last one! It will be pretty much all math/science classes plus an online class... phew, here's to hoping it will be smooth sailing after this! *fingers crossed*
 
!!!UPDATE!!!
Gah! Freaking Andrew Lloyd Webber villianized Meg, Madame Giry, and Raol... plus he made the Phantom and Christine lovers and her son his illegitimate child, and then Christine dies and Roal leaves and everything is just really messed up... really? You had to make the music so beautiful and the story so messed up? He totally killed the innocence and the beauty of the first one!
*sigh* I guess it isn't a sequel after all... more of an alternate ending...

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs