Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Growing it Out... My Hair's "Lady GaGa Stage"

I am writing this post with the full knowledge that I am about to embarrass myself at my severe lack of Lady GaGa wisdom... in fact, I am positive that the majority of what I believe will be witty quotes from Lady GaGa songs probably aren't actual Lady GaGa songs. (Hey! Maybe she'll read this post and then decide to write songs with those lyrics... except not... because Lady GaGa should not be writing music period... but hey, it was a nice thought).
ANYWAY! I have written a few re-growth posts since I decided to grow my hair back out in October and I figured that I'd better update that trend, because folks? My hair is FINALLY starting to become visibly longer! I mean, I could always tell when it was getting longer, but when I'd sit down and say, "Goodness, my hair is just getting SOO LONG!" the person sitting next to me would never fail to respond in the most flabbergasted of tones, "GURL! Calm down, your hair is shorter than Justin Beiber's!!!" to which I would never have a rebuttal.
But now?!? It's unmistakable!  It is definitely growing past my ears, and my sideburns "fringe" almost reaches my jaw!
The only problem?
This new found length has left my hair power hungry. It's like it thinks that just because I'm letting it get longer, it's allowed to style itself and "do its own thing"! Really hair? I swear, as I'm blowing it dry I can hear it belting, "I'm beautiful in my way, 'cause God makes no-o-o mistakes! I'm on the right. track. baby I was BORN THIS WAAAY!" And I try to reason with it! "Look," I say, "I know how to make you look great! Just let me help you!" And what does my hair say to that?
"Gurl please. Quit tryin' to hold me down, I'm on the edge of glory."
And then it rolls its imaginary eyes.
It's a serious situation.
And the biggest offender is this section of hair along my hairline down by right ear that never fails to flip out obnoxiously to the side... it's pretty hard to miss, and absolutely impossible to prevent! No matter how much product, hairspray, blowing techniques, etc... I can count on seeing that one little cluster of hairs BOING-ing out to the side... *facepalm*
 photo TPhoto_00009_zps6518a03c.jpg

So here is a a font and R/L side view look at my current hair length for documentation's sake.
And you know, I took these pictures and formatted them and thought to myself, "Dude, it doesn't even look long here!" and do you know what I realized? I have been tucking the hair on the sides of my head behind my ears because... frankly... I feel like a dweeb when I don't. So I tried un-tucking it and BAM!
 photo PicMonkeyCollage-5_zps8c9bf24a.png

Instantly longer, right?! :)
So here is a more accurate view of just how long my hair is getting! It's finally looking less pixie-ish (which, don't get me wrong... I miss more than most things) and more bob-ish, and I love it!
P.S. You can see the flippity section of hair way better in this photo... ;)
 photo PicMonkeyCollagem_zps332595e6.png

It's definitely taking a huge amount of self control NOT to call up my hairdresser and have her chop it all off again, but I have to remember... I promised myself I could/would do this...and I've just decided that I'm growing it out either one of two things... a mission, or a wedding.
And right now? A mission seems WAY more realistic and close than a wedding does, so hey! ;)
Have a wonderful day lovelies! And come back soon!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs