Does anybody else feel that Disney may have given us girls some unfair role models to base our expectations of ourselves on? Now don't get me wrong here, I LOVE Disney! He was a genius and the movies and characters they've made are timeless, but you have to admit that I at least have a point!
Being a little girl, you are so subjective and the media and, yes, cartoon characters you watch the most really mak some impressions on your perception of what's what! I mean, I still think about lessons learned and impressions made by watching Arthur (totes my show as a kid! Cyber five if it was yours too! :D)! Now if little girls are trying to base themselves appearence wise on their Disney princess role models that just isn't fair! They'd end up thinking they were fat and ugly with stringy hair and a hideous wardrobe!
Even now when I see the beautiful girls in my beloved childhood princess movies I can't help but feel a little pang of, "Why can't you be that skinny?" or "Why can't your hair be as good as hers?" or "You're a terrible singer". Not a complete and utter emotional breakdown, but just a little sting.
But lovelies... this is foolishness! It is foolish to compare ourselves to others, becaue we were all made individually by Heavenly Father for a reason. He made my eyebrows thick and my hair thin, and He personally gave me my bubble butt and my tiny mouth filled with large teeth. He made it, and He loves it all from the tip of my head to the souls of my feet! Complaining about my physical appearence is like insulting His handy work! Now, if it's that perposterous to compare our bodies to other people, just think of how much more perposterous it is to compare them to cartoon people! Really, we are basing these comparisons off of drawings... two demensional characatures. Because they are only drawings they are able to acheive impossible physical feats that we are human beings make the mistake of comparing ourselves to!
For example:
Enormous Eyes
Hourglass-On-Steroids Waist
Perfect Hair
I mean, c'mon. Aint nobody gonna be able to sand on a cliff, have the wind blow through her hair, whip it around for a few hours, and then have it fall gracefully back on her shoulders with as much shine, volume, and body as it did originally. Aint nobody.
So... this being said, I would like to show you all what these seemingly unachievably beautiful princesses would look like in the REAL WORLD! I found this artist who, through interpretation, converted each Disney Princess into a real-world face, and I have to applaud the man!
The point for me blogging about this is not to bask in its awesomeness (which it is... 100% pure awesomeness!), but to remind us all that even Belle, and Ariel, and Cinderella have regular facces, and body shapes. They have normal hair, normal clothes, and they are still beautiful - if not more so. And so are YOU! YOU are just as beautiful as these women! If YOU were converted into a two-demensional character then YOU would be the envy of little girls all over the world, but you're not... YOU are YOU and YOU are so beautiful! He made you that way and wouldn't change you for anything... why should you want to?
Who knows? Maybe these gorgeously normal women are jealous of YOU because of te traits that you posses that they don't. :) How's that for some food for thought?


















No comments:
Post a Comment