Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Post About Food and Other Useless Information

So it is Fast Sunday and I am detrmined to make it until 4:00 today! Most of the time I wimp out and eat right when I get home (which is around 2:00... so that's still a substantial amount of time, no?) but not today! Today I have a purpose in mind and my heel is in the ground! So I have locked myself uphere in my bedroom where I am safe from the tantalizing scent of reaheated pizza that my brothers are indulging in.
Anyhow, in my hunger I can't help but feel my mind wandering to the adventues I was able to partake on Friday after school. Just thinking about it makes me drool!
The first increadible thing about Friday was that I was able to hang with my Pincess Bestie, Erika! Y'all know Erika right?
'Course you do!
Anyhow, I was able to go and chill with Erika and her adorable boyfriend Preston after school that day which was awesome on many different levels. 1.) I got to see Erika which hardly ever happens anymore! 2.) I got to get to know Preston a little bit better, which... I mean, if he's daing my sister I ought to know him pretty well! ...an 3.) I was able to partake of the most mouth wateringly delicious burger I have ever had in my life!
And the latter is not an exaggration! People, if you have never had the pleasure of going to the Habbit Burger Grill then my... I shed a single tear for your utter exhistence! Let me just illustrate the many things that set this Burger Joint a gazillion cuts above the rest!

Price. I'm saying this point first because I am stingy. I hate spending money. I mean, I love Paradis Bakery more than most eating establishments... it's literally on my top five list of places I crave, but it's a little bit pricey! I just don't feel that comfortable spending that much money, especially on something that is literally going in the toilet. *snicker* So at the Habbit Burger? I was able to get a burger, drink, and side for just 7 bucks! Of course that's not counting the extras I got on my burger, but seriously! At Paradise I could probably only get a half sandwhich for that much! ...ok, not really, but still. :) The prices... they good.

Atmosphere. I am big on atmosphere people. I don't care how yummy your food is, if the joint is uncomfortable, or the employees are jerks/obviously hate their job, I'm not going to want to bring my business to you! That being said, upon entering the place Erika, Preston, and I were the only ones lining up to order. We stood at the counter and observed the menu not knowing what on earth we'd be ordering! The woman (who looked to be in her late 40's) at the register smiled and asked if she could help us and after a bit of hesitation one of us said, "Yes actually! This is our first time coming here, and we'd like to know what you would reccommend!" and instead of boredly pointing things out on the menu she got all excited and started legitimatley fangirling over the food at their place! No joke! And we all started talking "food"! She's reccommend things, and then we'd ask questions, she'd answer them, and we'd all have a moment to pump ourselves up about the food there! She told us some tricks to ordering and some items you could ask for on your burger that not many people know about, and ultimatley she made sure that we ordered the most delicious burgers we possibly could! She even reccommended different varieties of fries that weren't spelled out on the menu, gave us extra dipping ranch, and the fry cook in the back even came out to the register after ordered and excitedly said, "Oooh! What do I get to make for these guys! *looks excitedly at our order* Ooooh! You guys are in for a treat!" I mean really! Who does that? :D It was such a happy, cheery place, where everybody was as equally excited as the next person about their fantastic food, which leads me to my last observation...

The. Food. Oh. My. Goodness. Upon eating that burger the heavens literally opened. I am convinced that I will never be the same! People! I had a dream about that burger when I fell asleep that night! This is a serious matter! First of all, let me show you the entire order...
Photobucket
Three burgers, and three side orders. We each made sure to order a seperate side so that we could taste them all, so Erika got the regular fries, Prestion got the Onion Rings, and I had the pleasure of ordering the Sweet Potatoe Fries (my favorite!). Each of those heaven-sent sides was divine and the ranch dip... ooooh man! Folks I am not a "dip" person, ketchup makes me want to throw up, and I've never been the biggest fan of ranch... that being said, let me testify that I seriously wanted to bathe my fries in the stuff! It was fan-freaking-tastic! And now onto the piece de restitiance... the burgers. :)
Photobucket
I ordered what is called a Charburger... did you get that? Char-burger. They litererally allow the patty to be licked by flames on the grill rather than let it simmer in its own fat on a stove top. The buns were toasted on the inside, the meat was fantastic and not too greasy, and I was able to put on the most delicious add ons ever! My burger contained lettuce, pickles, American Cheese, camelized onions (which were fantastic by the way), smoked bacon, and... get this... avacado! My GRACIOUS! I can't even write about it with out over salivating!

People, please. Before you do anything else, stop ordering your burgers from In 'n' Out 'n' Five Seconds Due to Diharreah 'n' Over Greasy Buns! Now! It is a traversty! Go on over to the Habbit Burger... you'll thank me later! :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs