When you think of celebrity Pixie Cuts who's the first person who comes to your mind?
Emma Watson?
Yes, I thought so.
Most people do think of the lovely Miss Watson when thinking of pixie cuts, and understandably so! She's drop dead gorgeous, she's Hermione (and dude, who DOESN'T love Hermione), and she rocks the short hair like nobody's bidness! Howevr, having short hair mysef I simply can not look at her or use her for inspiration because of one simple fact: I will NEVER be able to look like her! Her face shape/head shape are so different than mine are and to try and base a look off of her would just be foolish on my part! Foolish I tell you!
So who do I base my ispiration on you may ask? Well it's simple... the beautiful queen of pixie cuts herself!
Ginnifer Goodwin
This woman is seriously gorgeous, and she is the literall goddess of the Pixie Hair cut... plus she plays ma' main girl in Once Upon A Time, Snow White, so we coo'. We coo'. :)
All joking aside, she is perfection. Her face shape is way closer to mine than Emma's is, which makes her SO much more realistic o fangirl over and saves me quite a bit of heartache. I mean, c'mon... droolig over Emma Watson does nothing for me but make myself just want to go be her.
Anywhosle, lately I've been trying t do a variation of this look down here with the swoopeyed bangs. Of course, my bangs aren't quite that long so it's not as dramatic, but I try at least. However, I have been dying to go in a different direction with my hair that I'm not sure I have the guts (or skill for that matter) to wear! I mean, it's easy enough to pull something off... but to have to style it myself? I'm pretty much as bad as it gets when it comes to doing hair. I still don't know how to use a curling iron. :S
So here are some of the looks that Ginnifer pulls off that I stand in awe of. Half of me is envious of her ability to pull of literally ANYTHING, and the other half of me can't help but wonder if I'd be able to pull it off were I gutsy enough to cut it.
Sleek:
This is one style that I have never managed to master! I think she just looks so dang classy with that sleeked back hair! As you will notice, her bangs are a lot longer, enabling her to tuck them behind her ears, and this is the reason I doubt I'll ever be able to do this "do"... I simply HATE long bangs! I hate 'em with everything I have! I really just like the off of my face, so in order to have just this one look I'd have to deal with long bangs every other day... ummmm, no thanks.
Short:
Ok. This is THE ultimte goal. I want to get comfortable enough with my head shape (which is proably the thing I get most self conscious about) to be able to cut it short and have to rely as little as possible on teasing. I love how her hair is so off of her face and it just looks toussled about and messy, but styled at the same time. Je t'adore!
Spikey/Toussely:
Ok... can you say EDGY??? I don't even know HOW to style my hair like this! I wouldn't know where to start, or what tehnique I could even use, but I really love it! Especially the latter of the two, I think they are so fabulous. Could I ever pull it off? I think so. Would I ever be brave enough to cut it this dramatically? Perhaps, if I worked myself up enough. Would I be skilled enough to style it this fabulously? Sadly... probably not. :)
Who are some of your style icons? :)








1 comment:
You should check out Kiera knighleys hair. Similar. Pixie cuts are awesome! XD -Brad Dix
Post a Comment