This post is a random little mix of my weekend, and me. The way I feel about myself. The thankfulness and zeal I have for and in life.
I haven't posted in a little while.
I haven't posted in a little while.
I've missed you!
I'm excited... aren't you? :)
So I have a friend, his name is Spencer, he and I no longer go to DRHS (yes, so sad, but that's not the point here), his mother is a Frnech major, she loaned me a couple of French Disney movies... are you all caught up now? I think so. :)
So Spencer texted me last Sunday asking if he could drop by my house on his way home from school and pick up the French videos.
I still had yet to find a working VCR on which to view the movies.
I hadn't watched them yet.
Inside I was like, "Crap!" But I was gracious, and I said, "Of course!"
So Spencer dropped by... I was dressed as Al Capone.
Side Story: It was History week last week at my school and that Tuesday was the day that the Juniors all had to dress up like a certain time period. My AP History teacher got 1930s so, NATURALLY, I chose to dress up as Al Capone! This costume consisted of black slacks, a white pin striped button up shirt (short sleeves... CUTE!), a black vest, a black tie, my little brother's black church suit (what a dear he was for letting me use it!), curly pinned up hair, dark eye makeup, red lipstick... and a fedora. When Spencer came to the door I was wearing the whole gettup except for the jacket and the fedora... pity.
So Spencer dropped by, and I was dressed as Al Capone, munching on a green apple, un-touched movies in hand.
He asked me how my day was.
I explained the gettup.
He asked me how I liked the movies.
I admitted that I hadn't watched them yet.
He told me that I could keep them.
I was like, "Whaaa? You just drove all the way over here to get them! If you need them back, by all means, I'll manage. :)"
But he shook his head and said, "Nah, it's all coo'. I just needed an excuse to give you this."
And like a smooth sailor he handed me this bad boy.
Now you'd think it would all be biscuits and gravy from here. His smooth operation done with, and me all excited and giddy andanticipating the mysterious contents of the surprise delivery like most girls would.

Now you'd think it would all be biscuits and gravy from here. His smooth operation done with, and me all excited and giddy andanticipating the mysterious contents of the surprise delivery like most girls would.
My lovely readers, I am not most girls
As he turned to leave I said, "Wait! What's in here?" And proceeded to open the mysterious manilla folder right on front of him.
I can only imagine what he was thinking, watching this strange girl dressed as a man, holing two French DVDs in one arm, and a half-eaten green apple (which she continued to much on periodically) in the other, trying to open up a sealed manilla folder... and failing miserably at the task might I add. And all he said was, "Um, want me to hold the videos?"
I said, "SURE!", handed them over, and proceeded to open the folder.
Out popped these!

And of course, I continued to make the situation awkward for the poor guy.
"OOO! What are these?" I asked.
"Uh, just some pictures."
I took a look at them and realized that they were all letters... it was then that I realized that he must be asking me out somehow.

But I couldn't ruin his fun by letting him know that I had already figured it out before putting the puzzle together... so I kept at it!
Long story short, I was not a lady, and I made the awkward situation more so, and I probably gave the poor boy a heart attack, and he's probably never asking me to a school dance ever again. :)
Besides, it was SUCH a hassle! Getting the gues passes was quite an adventure...



...and I had no dress so I was chill with just using one of my church dresses... every girl at that dance was jealous... :)

...but hey! At least I got to play it Napoleon Dynamite style and "build him a cake"...

...and earlier that day I got to hang out with one of my new awesome play buddies Jeffrey! He's officially my favorite... ferserrious. :) We watched Napoleon Dynamite with my brothers, and then watched some good ol' Annoying Orange.

It was definately some good times. :)

And speaking of Annoying Orange, at the bottom of the screen I have decided to grace you with the namesake of this post.
Your welcome. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, onto the juicy stuff...
I recently read some lovely posts off of one of my favorite lovely blogs, that's right, the one and only Busy Bee. I love her, but I was saddened to hear of the lack of love she had for herself.
She proclaimed to her readers that she has finally decided to recieve some counceling on the subject and I couldn't be more proud of this woman.
She is amazing.
And it made me think, "How do I, as a teenage young woman, view myself?"
And it made me think, "How do I, as a teenage young woman, view myself?"
I see so many girls everyday degrading themselves for others, putting on a facade, giving in, trying to make themselves better... but the question I'd like to ask them is, and forgive me for quoting Little Women, but better than what?
When I look in the mirror I see this girl:

This girl is not like most girls, she is unique, and silly, and sometimes she like to be strange just for the fun of it. She loves being different. She loves standing out. She's fine with the way she looks. She loves herself.
I know who I am, and I know who I want to be, and I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father who made me that way, and gave me such AMAZING friends in Junior High who He knew would ground me and keep me on the right path and build me up when I came crashing down.
As a teenager I'm thankful for the love I have in my family, my friends, and in myself, because now is the most important time to have it.
I just thought you all should know that.
Jadyn Maree is a happy gal.
Now watch, and be happy. :)



1 comment:
okay! what a cute boy!! and what a cute story. i probably would have acted the same way if i ever got asked out (i didn't really in high school or college!!).
jadyn, the best thing you can do for yourself is learn to love yourself just the way you are! i still work on my self-esteem every single day. most days i love myself tremendously, but other days i hear all those negative voices in my head telling me what i think everyone else is thinking about me. you are a great example of confidence and i love that! you inspire me to love myself a little more and to be more confident with who i am. sorry i haven't checked your blog in awhile...i'm trying to not spend as much time on the computer ;)
Post a Comment