So lately I've been thinking more seriously about what I want to do with my life in the career category. You know... because pretty soon I'll be old and stuff.
And I have come to a very exciting and happy conclusion for myself.
I have decided that whatever I choose to do (I'll provide a short list momentarily) that I want to be able to do it from home. You know, hands on type professions. Things like:
-Hair Dresser
-Dog Trainer
-Photographer
-Massage Therapist
...really that's all I've thought of. BUT, to all of you out there reading this who have any ideas of other hobby jobs put 'em out there! :)
Anyhow, for those of you who know me know that I have always been undecided about what I wanted to do as a career. I've always wanted to be a mom, but in order to be secure and educated I'd need to get a degree.
Sometimes I can't help but think that in today's world in the wave of feminism that we've gone almost too far from the extremes that women were forced to conform to during the Cult of Domesticity. In our attempts to break the chains of female inferiority we've begun to look at motherhood as something to be ashamed of or "the end of the line". As if women who become mothers are throwing their lives away, selling themselves short, and not living up to their full potential.
I fully disagree with this.
I feel that motherhood is something to be prized and cherished and looked at as a divine oportunity, not a slaveish chore or a tragedy.
However, most of the rest of the world disagrees with me, so I've got to find something to go to college for and do.
At camp I dabbled in massage therapy and earned a new title, "Magic Hands"... so I guess we'll put a pin in that carrer. :)
Today I practiced a bit of photography... but let me warn you, if you've never seen my dogs before I'm not sure if you can fully comprehend their extreme adorability. They're darling. It's ok to be jealous.
So let me know what you think! I'm not quite sure yet if photography is something I should keep up or thow in the trash pile along with hair stylist (because we all know how well that job would turn out for me... YiKeS!)
Yours Truly <3







2 comments:
Well of course I would say that I want you to be a hairdresser, because, well, we'd be hairdressing buddies ;) But of course I'd say that, haha :)
You know what else you could do from home?? Music lessons! Voice, clarinet, piano, you know, that kinda stuff! I could totally see you doing that! :)
I love you, Jadyn Maree. I cannot wait to have 2nd hour together! Yahoo! :) *happydance* Alright, over and out.
I like all of your ideas, and know you would be highly successful at any that you try. I think you have a very good eye for photography, and you do love animals. Also if you have an Bachelor degree you can substitute teach at a school, so think of that for once your kids are grown and in school, it's another good job that has the same time of as your kids. And you can think of a degree that would help you raise your children like education or music... that type of thing. Thank you for your reminder about what an important job it is to be a mom. And yes, it is absolutely the best, most amazing job that you will EVER have. I guarantee it.
Post a Comment