So school's been getting better.
The man is hardworking, handsome, and respectful and LOVES his family more than anything else.
The woman often speaks her mind and is stubborn.
The man respects his wife and holds her to higher respect than most of his masculine peers.
This is what makes the couples in Little House on the Prairie so adorable to watch.
Laura is a firecracker... a real peice of work.
Caroline is a worry wart.
Little by little things have begun to improve.
For one thing, I'm making my mark in band! :)
I've made first chair, and MAN does it feel good! I've also been asked by the first chair oboeist (a seriously talented girl... like woa) to be in a wind quintet with her and three other people and play Peter and the Wolf!
Honestly, there isn't any other movie besides The Reluctant Dragon that brings back more happy memories than Peter and the Wolf.
And I'm pretty good at it too. :)
So these things make me happy.
What doesn't make me happy is being ignored... being given the cold shoulder... being made to feel like I'm invisible.
I don't like feeling like I'm fat or ugly or nerdy or snobby, because I know that I'm not.
This year is the first year since 7th Grade that I haven't had my best friends here to lean on, no one there to talk to about the cute boy in my 3rd hour, no one to vent to about how much homework I'm getting every night.
This is the first year that I've ever been rejected by my peers because of my religion. It's hard. I love the church I belong too, and I know that it is the true church. I wouldn't sway from its teachings for anything in the world, but to acutally witness just a little bit of the rejection that the early Saints did is hard. Someone who seemed like they would be a good friend, the look on their face, the way they said, "Oh... so you're mormon..."
This is the first year that I haven't been worried too much about boys. I simply won't do it. Yes there are cute boys that are in my ward, and s few that go to my school, but who cares? If they ask me on a group date, then cool! If they take me to Homecoming, awesome! But really... I know who I am, and I don't need a boy to make me feel good about myself.
...but that doesn't mean that I don't like recieving complements.
If I take the time to look super cute in the morning, then I wouldn't mind at least one remark.
In fact, amongst the terribleness that was yesterday, some random girl in my math class absolutely made my day!
For those of you who know me, know that my hair is my worst feature.
I've got THICK eyebrows and THIN stringy hair.
Yesterday I tried super hard to look cute, and I must say... I did a great job! I had never done my hair like this before, and it was a real success.
Needless to say, I was feelin' pretty good about myself. :)
By the time Math class rolled around I was exhausted, ready for school to be over, and ready for the weekend to start.
As soon as I walked into class, this girl said, "Ok! You, come here!" I was a little bit worried, and she quickly walked over to me and inspected my head... I was SOOO confused! :S She then surprised me by saying, "Ugh! Your hair is so dang cute, and I can't figure out how you do it like this!" I tried to explain to her how I did it, and then she stopped being excited... looked at me with a genuine look of dissapointment and said, "Aw man... I think my hair is just too thick to style it like this." My mind did a double take! What the-? 'too thick'??? :D
So to end on that happy not of hair appreciation, I'd like to introduce something else happy.
I've been watching a lot of Little House on the Prairie lately, and before I go on... let me stress the fact that I am NOT a romantic.
If I were to take a personality test, I would not get the Hopeless Romantic button... and like I said before, I don't need a boy (nor do I want one) to make me feel good about myself.
I know who I am.
So anyhow, with that said, I'd like to ask the question, why aren't relationships today more like they were back then?
It's so cute to watch, because most of the relationships go as follows:
The woman is the head of the house.
It's so cute to watch, because most of the relationships go as follows:
The woman is the head of the house.
The man is hardworking, handsome, and respectful and LOVES his family more than anything else.The man laughs when the woman gets angry or frustrated and trhows PMS-y tantrums and knows exactly what to do to calm her down... leave her alone. :)
The woman is strong, independent, and doesn't conform to the standard submissive stereotype.
Together they are unstoppable... laughing and holding hands all along the way.
This is what makes the couples in Little House on the Prairie so adorable to watch.Mary is uptight and grumpy.
Laura is a firecracker... a real peice of work.
Caroline is a worry wart.
But hey... who isn't, right? :)



2 comments:
You are one smart cookie, girl. Stick to your guns and you'll be happy, no matter what happens. Best of luck with the friend situation - and don't worry. People like you attract other awesome people. It won't take long. :-)
You are amazing, Jadyn! I love that you KNOW you don't need boys to make you feel good. :) It's so true. And uh, yeah. The only reason I watch Little House is because it shows exactly how things should be. :) Hooray for you and your cute blog.
Post a Comment