Ok, you all know my lovely friend Camille, right?
If not, then scroll down to the sad little post below and look at thhe picture.
That's her.
She's wonderful, and she's always trying to get me to broaden my horizons. For example:
-In the seventh grade she got me to sing/dance with her in the talent show. We sang "Lean on Me", and I sweated through about two layers of deoderant and clothes and I almost passed out from fear on stage... fail.
-The next year we were doing a Pops Concert in Choir, and even though I was "technically" in choir (I was in Encore), I was allowed to audition for a solo/duet song. She got me to do both. That one ended happily, we had a duet and we rocked it, and I had a solo and I did pretty well and it totally boosted my confidence!... win.
-That same year the school was putting on a play called "Soda Shop Angel"... Camille was autiditioning... the rest is history. I was Rita Lewis, the health inspector... win. :)
-Our Freshman year, Camille and our friend Rania were both going to try out for the Badminton team. Those of you who know me know that I have two left feet, and this makes me awkward at both dancing, and sports. I made the team (non-cut sport... :) ), but I was the last in the line up, and I didn't win one game (games during practice are included)... fail.
-During the Badminton season, the school musical was holding auditions. Camille was all over this, and was willing to drop badminton if she made it. THIS she was unsuccessful in getting me to do. I stayed on the team, and she was in the musical... fail. :)
So, as you can see, Camille is a great friend. She knows just what to do to push me and to get me to take just one more step out of my comfort zone.
With that being said, let me announce that this entire weekend was spent auditioning for a community theatre's production of, Little Women.
And yes, Camille is behind the whole thing. :)...well, she and my mom that is. My mom was all over this one.
My first audition went fine, and yesterday was callbacks, and we won't be able to see the final cast until tomorrow morning! DURING SCHOOL! Ugh, my patience is wearing thin...
...this is what I get for broadening my horizons. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment