It was just a regular old Christmas. And by regular old, I mean freaking fantastic! The nice thing was that there wasn't really anything special that made it so, besides it being on the Sabbath. I remember the last time Christmas was on a Sunday and I remember it being super special, but man! This one was honestly such a great Christmas!
For the first time since I was old enough to grasp the concept of going to bed with no presents in the living room and waking up with piles of them I actually slept in on Christmas morning! Normally I'm the first one up, even in my late teen years! I mean, I'm turning eighteen in six months, you'd think I'd grow up a little bit, but nope. I'm always the first one up and harassing my parents (boy I betchya my kids'll be a doozy for payback). However... this year was different. My little brother Grant woke ME up! It was a shock, yes, and it took me a minute or two to really wake up, but as soon as we knew it, we were up and going down the stairs with our parents to go find our Santa Treasures.
The rule was that we were allowed to explore our Santa gifts and then after Church we'd change back into our jammies and open our gifts to each other. Another new thing this year was what we got from Santa! This year we each got one big gift and then a lot of other little ones (normally they're all pretty little :), but fun nevertheless!). This year I got my very own.. wait for it... laptop! I know! It's beautiful, and I never even guessed it! The embarassing part was that when I came downstairs the laptop was sitting on the couch with a giant pack of 5 Gum sitting on top of it... I was so overjoyed at recieving the package of gum that I didn't even notice the beautiful little computer sitting under it... *facepalm*... I guess it just goes to show you that it doesn't take much to please a Jadyn.
My little brothers got a Drumset (Grant's pretty good you know, he used to have a little puny Toy Store one, but he's a regular rockstar on his full set! Our house is like a rock concert every day, I have my own background beat when I pour my cereal in the morning!), a Fooseball Table (dude... duuude, ever since Treey even knew what Fooseball WAS he's been begging for one! I think this would have been his third year in a row asking for a Fooseball table and not getting it. So far he's creamed all of us at it!), and an X-Box 360 (now I don't know what the difference is between all the different game consels, but all I know is that that boy's joy on Christmas morning was darn worth the Black Fiday madness that my Sister and I had to go through as Santa's little helpers! *shhhhh*). And let me just say... that Santa got quite the STEAL on all of the gifts.
Church had such a neat program when we went, I loved it. The whole thing was just a giant suprise testimony meeting/firesidal (I say suprise because people were called up, it wasn't a volunteer basis... made for quite an interesting meeting)! For every musical number there would be about three testimonies and it was just such a neat and SUPER spiritual meeting. I love when we have musical numbers in church, there really is something about music that can touch you in a way that words can't... maybe it's just me, but I love it. :) Anyhow, are there any singers out there? Do your voices go through this vicious cycle of sounding REALLY GOOD and then sounding really... blah? It seems that from the end of Spring to begining of Fall my voice is rockin'! But everytim other than that it's just... poopy. Yeah I said it. Poopy. Well, right now my voice is in said state, and I got to sing during our Christmas Program with my friend Lindsay who has the voice of an angel! And angel I tell you! Needless to say, I was no match for her stellar voice, and I probably shouldn't have been up there due to my lack of mad skills in the voice area, but the Christmas angels must have been there to bear me up because it actually didn't suck! :D Seriously, all joking aside, we sange Mary's Lullaby and it was a beautiful song, I loved having Church on Christmas. :)
It was also fun because we got to have my sister Sydnee and my broter in law Tony over for the ENTIRE DAY! Normally they only stay for an afternoon or such, but they got to stay for all of Christmas this year. It really is all about family, I don't know what I would do without those crazy guys! All of them! :) I just hope that when I meet some special someone (you know... in like fifty years) and they have to meet my family they won't be scared off... we really are quite the bunch. :)
So yep... Merry Christmas Everybody!
Oh and for Day 28? Something that scares me? I'm just going to go ahead and redirect you to a time that I did a Top Ten on the subject, aight? :) So if you really care to know, click right here! Everything you'd like to know about what scare my pants off is right yonder.
Oh! And just one more thing... any of you know who Steven Sharp Nelson is? Remember when I met the guy? And he was even more amazing than I could have hoped? Well, just when I thought he couldn't get any cooler...
I'm Jadyn and that's Taylor. We're two best friends who also happen to be in love and together we laugh... a lot. I'm a blogger, a student, a musician, a new wife, a new mother, and all that jazz. Want to find out more? Read my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment