Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Promise Not to Become Corrupt

Photobucket


You know how some bloggers start out fantastic and then become a bit barf-tastic? You know the kind, the kind that share hilarious yet true stories about their day, say things that make us bust a lung laughing, and touching us when they get their serious pants on and write about things that really mean something to them.
I love those bloggers.
But it seems like those bloggers always... change. There must be a little Blogger flu out there, because I can think of about two or three off the top of my head (one in particular... we won't name names, but you may just be thinking of the same gal) and it's like SNAP! All of a sudden they're into photography, and food reviews, and fashion, and the larger their network of followers becomes, the worse the sickness grows.
Pretty soon all they're blogging about is their daily outfits with about thirty shots of them posing in a rediculous outfit looking at everything BUT the camera. And then the next day they're blogging about where they went out to eat the night before with about fifty pictures of their food. And the next day they got sick, and all they do is post pictures they artistically took of their bed hair and their snotty tissues (ooo! How artsy! I love the way the light catches the boogers on your aloe infused tissues!), or they're trying to push some book series on you, and then trying to convince you that they're a real person who suffers from real problems and that they're not self centered, they're just a "good blogger".
...
Ok. Hold up.
That's just messed up.
I would MUCH rather read the blogs that I follow that are about REAL people dealing with REAL things, feeling REAL things, wearing REAL things, even eating REAL things! I don't want to hop onto your blog and see just another review, or just some other giveaway.
It's not a popularity contest people. Just chill out there. :)
Really. Those of you who are out there who DON'T do this type of silly thing, give yourself a round of applause! Apparently we're the only weirdos in the internets who use their blogs for... oh I dunno... blogging! :)
So I promise all y'all who actually read this silly little bloggity of mine that I will never... never never EVER become a "lifestyle" blogger. Sorry for not being as "cool" and "with the times" and "show off-y with my amazing talents" *coughcough* as some ladies out there. :) I'd rather just keep it REAL.
That is all folks!
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs