Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010, and I've Got Some Plans

Not big plans, but plans nonetheless. :)

I plan on being better, sweeter, kinder, more selfless, and nicer to myself.

For starters, this new year, I plan on drinking 0 amount of soda! I hate the stuff, it dehydrates you, and it burns in your throat!

Secondly, I plan on being a more avid reader of this book.

I have also decided to try being nicer to myself.

Sometimes I get discouraged about silly things.

Because I'm a girl, and this is what girls do, no?

At times I look this girl in the face and I say:

Why aren't you better? Everybody expects you to be perfect, so why can't you be? Why can't your eyebrows just stay pretty and skinny and feminine after you get them waxed? Why can't you just suck it up and wear your retainer every night? Why aren't you good at accepting compliments? Why is it so hard for you to accept criticism? Why are you so sensitive to everything around you? Why do oyu procrastinate, and crumble under pressure, and become akward on the sports feild? Why do you let what people say about you affect you so deeply? Why aren't you better? Why can't you just be perfect?

And then she cries, and she gets angry with herself for letting Satan control her thoughts and tell her such nasty things. And then she wipes away her tears and prays. Sometimes it's hard for her to realize what a beloved daughter of God she is.

I'm not perfect, and it seems that ever since I could walk, people expected everything from me. Even now, it still happens. When I sing in sacrament, people expect a flawless performance: I'm not the best singer. When I speak in sacrament, people expect me to spiritually move them: I'm terrified to speak in front of people. When I make big mistakes people are shocked: I'm human, I make big mistakes A LOT.

This year, above everything else, I'm listening to the wise advice of Busy Bee Lauren. I'm done comparing myself to others. I'm through being mean to myself. I'm ready to find the good things about me. For example,

  1. I'm good at making cute outfits.
  2. I have soft hair.
  3. I'm beautiful in my own way. I don't have to have perfect skin and a flat tummy. It's ok to eat candy bars and feel your jell-o stomach in the morning when your'e getting ready. That just means you had a fun day yesterday.
  4. I love people, and I'm a great forgiver.
  5. I love to make people feel good about themselves.

I love life, and I'm excited for this next new year! May it be filled with many fun memories, and hopefully the happy reunion of my camera and I.

2 comments:

SBrooks said...

Remember, after all to just be yourself because everyone else is already taken! I think you are a remarkable young lady! Keep your head up. Amongst most people, all feel insecure and unstable at times. Screw your smile on and live YOUR life. In the end, it is yours and you do NOT have to be perfect. (Honestly, no one but you really expects that of yourself.... no one is perfect but our older brother who came before us.) We as little imperfect humans are our hardest critics at times.

I love ya and I think you are great!

Happy New Year!

Alexa Dyan said...

remember how i made a blog post similar to this?
i totally understand EVERYthing you said.
even the eyebrow part.
i love you Jadyn Maree! You are so so so amazing!
The best unbiological little sister ever!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs