It's like an interview of one of my friends and then I get to show them off to all of you... so that you can be jealous...and stuff.
"My favorite color? Well, like most of these questions, this answer has a story behind it. If anyone asked me what my favorite color was just out of the blue I'd just say purple, plain and simple, purple. But honestly, I don't have one. In my earlier teens I believed that colors were the most dispicable things ever. I hated coloring pages in, I felt everything was better in black and white. But as I grew and as my TESTIMONY of the Church of Jesus Christ grew, my eyes were opened to see what the colors are really about. How much sense colors make to me...It's hard to explain over a short paragraph, but I have a passion for color almost as large as my love of nature-which, if you don't know it, is HUGE. So the answer to this question is that I don't have a color that is my favorite, rather I can just say that colors ARE my favorite. I love how many meanings they can have especially, and the different messages they convey. The world of color has so much to do with music, church, and love, which are the three things I feel most strongly about. So there is my answer."
-What’s your favorite memory from camp?
"Oh boy! There are so many memories from camp. My favorite, I can say, is every year during testimony time. I love bearing my testimony, and I love feeling everyone else's. I love the Spirit that dwells with us all and the closeness we all feel to each other as we gather around and share our common faith. It's a spectacular feeling.
Also, what I loved about girls' camp was simply just being there with people I love, and getting to know people I'd never met and growing relationships with them.
Oh, and I loved my talk with Sister Mabee about how Jesus said LOVE everyone, and how that doesn't necessarily mean LIKE everyone.
Camp was just overall an amazing experience this year. I love singing trees, and singing to rude-o's with their elbows on the table, and catching my snake, and being close to my friends. Especially Stephanie, Alexa, and Jadyn."
-What’s your favorite school subject? What made you want to be homeschooled?
"My favorite subject in school judged by what I'm best at is math, cuz it just comes natural to me. But sometimes things that are easy and natural get boring.
That's why, regardless how awful I am at it, I love English class. I love writing, especially creative writing. Right now I am enrolled in a poetry course and I am super stoke for it to start! It's going to be awesome.
Me being homeschooled wasn't entirely MY decision. It was an inspired thought and course of action that was encouraged by my Father in Heaven. I told him how much I hated Desert Ridge, but that I would remain there if it was his will. I asked whether I should attend Desert Ridge or Red Mountain, and I was confused when neither of them were the right choice. Then my mind turned to Online school, and I felt at peace. I almost cried because of the JOY that I found in my answer. The most amazing joy.
It's a good alternative for me because I hate the things of the world and I really needed to get away from those things. So here I am, responding to this interview instead of doing my work because my science text book isn't working, and I've never been happier with a decision regarding my education."
-You obviously have a strong passion for music. What made you want to start getting into it, and why? Do you have any inspiration? Is there anything that you are hoping to improve on, or start learning how to play soonly?
"Music...Don't get me started on music. I've got to say, the story for WHY I'm terribly obsessed with music is quite interesting. Music is like Color. But invisible...It's all around you. There is no such thing as complete silence. I find music in everything. I started band when I was in sixth grade because of the urging of my friends, and I quickly took a love to listening how the music blended together into chords and the amazing slendor I have found with harmony, and unison, and legato, and stecato, and Pianisimo, and Forte, and crescendo and decrescendo! One of my favorite things to do with my guitar is to finger the chords while playing each string individually and then after playing through each one's part, putting it all back together and just listen with wondering awe at the beauty created. Those who claim there is no God cannot truly find love in anything because God is love, and with every new chord I learn and every song I play I feel God, and I know that only such an heavenly being could create something that was so limitless, boundless, and infinite. Music has no space, no defined pattern, and I'm sure that's what makes it so amazing.
Inspiration? For MUSIC? Life. Life is my inspiration. Everything I see around me inspires me. Love. Passion. Peace. Goodness gracious, listen to me! Ranting and raving. Well, what inspires me? The answer is Yes. Anything. Everything. Again, Life. I love the quote, "Music is not my Anit-Drug. Music IS MY Drug."
Soonly, (I love how you used that word) I'm going to learn how to play the Indian love flute, and I'm going to be teaching myself that through out the year.
I'm also going to pick up and dust off my old saxophone once I get some solo books and things.
And one of my BIGGEST dreams is to learn PIANO!! First I need to find someone that plays piano very well and has a lot of patience and I need to ask them humbly to teach me for a low price....Hey Jadyn!... But yeah, Piano and Flute are next up on my list of things to love, and learn, but my life long goal is to play as many instruments as I can."
-Would you say you're a girly girl, or a tom boy? And why?
"Why would you even ask that question? Obviously you know how to get me going on a subject. I bet you didn't expect answers these long, did you!
I am neither...or both. I love to run and jump and play sports and get dirty and work hard and sweat and just chill. But on the complete polar of that, I like to dress up, feel pretty, look cute, I LOVE BOYS, I'm giddy and giggly, and I have a secret laire of femininity inside of me that NO ONE has EVER reached. But there goes my secret..."
"Temple. I'm sure it doesn't matter, they are all beautiful houses of the Lord, and I don't want to travel a long distance for my wedding. But I have a feeling that the Gilbert Temple is going to be POSITIVELY DIVINE!Again, You know how to get me going...
The most important qualities I want in a husband are a Testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Return Missionary, Worthy Priesthood Holder, EAGLE SCOUT, Good work ethic, Family aspiration (share my desire for a FULL HOUSE of children), Not lazy, Athletic, outgoing, has to share my passion for football, food, and music. Intelligent, Humble, Good sense of humor, Respectful to everyone, especially his elders, his family, women, and children. Some one that will compliment my personality. Loveable, Cuddly, Healthy, Fit. Loving. Appreciative. Patient. There are so many more. I sometimes find it impossible to find a guy that IS all these things, But I know the Lord provides a way."
-What's one thing that most people probably don't know about you?
"Well now, if I told you it'd be a lie, cuz suddenly everyone would know...Well, most people don't know that I LOVE SHOES...but I'm not going to tell you that.
A lot of people don't know that I love to paint...but let's keep it that way.
I secretly like to read. Not many people know that.
I'm a zealot. But I think that's an obvious one."
-What was your favorite thing that you did this past summer?
"I did a lot of amazing things this summer, but among the best are:
Fishing in Idaho with my dad and brothers. I love fishing and having that one on one time with nature. It's a great test of patience especially.
I became better friends with a girl by the name of Jadyn Maree, you probably don't know her though, but that was definitely a life changing experience.
I did baptisms for the dead in the Snow Flake Temple (BEAUTIFUL).
I had the start of the best relationship I've ever been in.
I canoed at the park after a monsoon.
And I went on adventures with Alexa Dyan."
-What do you want to be when you grow up? Why? Where do you hope to attend college?
"When [if] I grow up I first and foremost want to be a wife and mother. I want eighteen kids and a husband that loves us all. This is something that I want to do because I feel that it is my duty as a able-bodied women to give those waiting spirits up there portals to come down here and receive their physical bodies, and fulfill their spiritual obligations. I also want to write LDS novels and poetry collection books. I want to do this because I love to read and I love the feelings that I get WHEN I read and I want to share that with everyone I can.
I hope to attend college anywhere in the western states. I wouldn't mind four years of schooling in California, Nevada, Washington, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, or Colorado. All the others NO CHANCE!! In fact, on the list of most "would not minds" there are BYU ID and UT, Utah University, NAU, and ASU. "
-What are some things that you're most excited for as this next decade starts?
"Well [hopefully] by the end of this decade I'll be married with children. I'm so excited for that. I'm excited for getting a book published and becoming an author. I'm excited to watch all my guy friends leave on their missions as boys and come back as men. I'm excited for my relationships with my best friends to grow at rapid paces and to watch them grow up and have them beside me forever.
I'M EXCITED TO MOVE OUT AND GET A DOG!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for that outburst. I'm excited for everything that LIFE has in store for me!"
Now do you see why I love her?
Have a fabulous day everyone, come back soonly. :)



1 comment:
Wow. Great job! I am so honored to be your first wall of friends subject! If you ever want to come back for a part II i'd be glad to oblige. :)
Post a Comment