You know, I've gone on some pretty weird dates in my time...
Dates where the guy is TOTALLY into himself and is so focused on selling himself that it's pretty obvious that he's already sold himself to... himself... and they seem pretty happy together.
Dates where the poor guy is trying SO HARD that he overcompensates and either makes everything a tad awkward or a tad stressful with his feelings of needing everything to be perfect.
Dates where the other couples in the group are sooo into each other that it's hard to have a decent conversation with the friend/acquaintance that you came with.
Dates where the guy gets you lost heading the wrong way on a freeway.
Dates where we play a game that may or may not have been legal and had old ladies chasing you away from their homes (true story, folks!).
Dates where the jerk was WAY TOO touchy feely for any normal person's comfort level.
Dates where the jerk was WAY TOO touchy feely for any normal person's comfort level.
Dates where I had to pay (and not because I insisted either).
Dates where I had to drive (because the bum didn't feel like it).
And dates where you get the incling you were only asked out so that the guy could flirt with the girl his friend asked out.
And folks, in those situations one can only stand back and say:
HOWEVER! Not all dates are like that!
Some dates are absolutely fantastic and the guy is (mostly) on time, drives, and actually knows where he is going.
On some dates, the things you are doing are actually fun and the conversations you have are actually intelligent and meaningful and natural.
On some dates, you are constantly laughing - and NOT because you're trying to keep from crying!
On some dates, it's fun seeing other girls look jealously at you because your date is just that cute and nice and overall awesomespice (yes, I just pulled THAT card).
On some dates, you might get a little bit wet, or tired, or you might be eating unflattering foods or be in a sketchy part of town but you don't even think about it because your date still makes you feel like a total gem... and most guys don't know just HOW refreshing that is.
Some dates you come home from and when people ask you how it went all you can manage to reply is:
And for me? For me, that date... was today. And it was easily the most grand, fantastic, incredible, NOTLONGENOUGH date in the history of... ever.
Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go read my scriptures and say my prayers... for the next seven hours... because I need as many spiritual brownie points as I can muster in order to get Heavenly Father to make some match-making magic happen in the next few months... or weeks... or, you know, days work too.





1 comment:
HIP HIP HOORAY!
although. i do have to say, even the bad, horrible, most awful dates can end up with you marrying the perfect man for you! so glad the Spirit prompted jed to ask me out again after that first date!
BUT YAY. I'm so glad you had one of those dates where you have goose bumps and giggles for days :)
Post a Comment