Monday, March 25, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day One AND Two!!!

Alright, alright, so maybe this post wasn't actually written TODAY! But today was boring and when I started writing this one things had actually HAPPENED! So we're keeping this one for day one and we're all going to be excited about it, alright?
~~~
Okay, let's get this show on the road! Picture of my day/what I ate (because let's face it, I've been eating the same stuff for the past five-ish days)?
...eh, we'll save that for last.
Description of the day?
...goes as follows.
I wake up with a start... different bed, I can hear heavy breathing outside by door, and the room is waaay too cooold. Must be at my sister's house. :)
I had driven all the way to Pheonix from Resonance VE rehearsal the night before, I recall, and had crashed in my sister's guest bedroom... WHY on earth did I do such a thing? Well besides my sister being AwEsOmE, I have other motives.
My wisdom tooth.
The bed I'm sleeping in is quickly invaded by my sister's two crazy boxer dogs ( the culprits of the heavy breathing I heard) and if I wasn't already awake before then, I certainly was now!
So we get ready for the day, leave her cozy apartment, grab some goodies on the way there (my sister and iced coffee, and myself a peach smoothie), arrive at the dental office she works at, and begin the process of getting my last little sucker outa my mouth!
You see, about a year ago (not quite) I had gotten one of my wisdom teeth out. Seeing as I only have the two on the bottom, there wasn't the GREATEST sense of urgency to rip them all out at once. We only took the right out.
But Jadyn, you may ask, why on earth didn't you just go to the oral surgeon, get knocked out, and get it all over with at once???
Well, for two reasons:
1. money
2. I do not enjoy the idea of not being in control of my body! I have seen enough videos of people who go crazy after getting put out for their wisdom teeth. I'm not afraid of the dentist, injections don't freak me out, so why pay the extra money and loopy-ness when I could just get numbed up at the dentist like a regular ol' filling and have it ripped out there? :) See my logic?
Anyway, I got to chill out in the back of the office (like a cool kid) for a good amount of time and got a GREAT chunk of my book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts, read (which is a good thing, because that book is definitely a month overdue at the library).
Then it was time to go in. The procedure was seriously SO EASY and the people at Heatherwood Dental have got to be some of the nicest, funniest, most efficient people ever because it was seriously a breeze. :)
They numbed me up, started in, realized that the shot hadn't QUITE taken hold yet, gave me more shots and let me sit, and then pulled the tooth out in like ten seconds.. lickety split, it was out!
So the rest of the day included eating soft foods, vegging on the couch, watching movies, snuggling with Oliver and Cooper... and that's pretty much it. :) Sooo exciting, I know, but for such a quick procedure it can really wear you out!
I DID have a slightly swollen picture of me and Oliver... but I figured I'd post our "soft food partay" picture instead. :)
How was that for killing two birds with one stone?

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs