Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Let my Nerd Show for TWO SECONDS and I will Get to That 30 Day Challenge

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I just had my last wisdom tooth out and I can't contain my happiness/joy/excitement at the pure beautiful awesomeness that is the latest two episodes of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries!
Firstly, may I just tip my hat to myself at my insane ability to hook good people to good series? :) Call me trouble, but seriously... I have addicted Mimi, Kelly, AND (as of last night) Camille to the LBD and let me just say... it's so happy not having to fangirl alone anymore. :)
Secondly... watch this video and try, just TRY not to smile or cry or become beside yourself with feels:
 
...did you watch it?
Did you DIE?!?
I did. And honestly, the first time I watched it? Let's just say that I ended up being 15 minutes late for math that day and couldn't get this goofy grin off of my face. It was oh so grand.
So let's discuss just WHY this video is so perfect, shall we?
 
1. 0:35 - "I thought you were Asian." "...I can understand the confusion?" Oh my gosh, I literally laughed out loud! Lizzie is beside herself nervous and Darcy, being the ever so gentleman he always is, totally plays off her awkwardness with grace.
2. 0:55 - "Do you film everything in your life?" I love the way Darcy looks at the camera and smiles. This is in SUCH a contrast to the last time he confessed his love on camera where he looks at the camera confused and slightly annoyed. He gets that the videos are her thing, he's okay with the fact that their conversation will most likely be posted all over the Internet, and he manages to actually make a joke of it! Darcy? Joking? Not quite as impossible as we all thought, apparently.
3. 1:50 - "I thought you would just call me back, you didn't have to come here-!" "Yes I did. I needed to see your face when I asked you why." Their FACES! You can almost hear their little brains screaming everything they'd like to say one another but neither of them knows how or when to say it and it's plastered all over both of their faces (especially Lizzie's... poor girl is like an open book). And yet Darcy manages to be so sincere yes assertive in his motives and need to be there. You almost get the feeling that this is his last shot... as if he's preparing himself for another rejection.
4. 2:33 - "I did not do it for them, I did it for you." Well WE all knew this, and I think Lizzie knew it too, but to hear it out loud? Darcy's getting braver and Lizzie looks like she's going to explode!
5. 3:04 - "I thought perhaps you'd wanted to amend that and-" "I do!!" Oh Lizzie's voice crack when she says "I do"! She is feeling so much right now! She's conflicted at loving somebody that she had so openly hated previously, she feels awful that he's acknowledging the fact that they aren't really friends, she's scared that she may be too late in her feelings... thus her rushed response, ensuring him that she DOES want to amend their friendship.
6. 3:08 - "So you want to be friends?" "Yes! ...well... I mean-uh... GAH! No wonder you're confused..." Friends... that terrible, terrible word. Lizzie is trying so hard to mend what little 'friendship' they had built over in Pemberly, and Darcy is trying to draw the words, "I don't want to be just friends" out of Lizzie. So when she enthusiastically replies that she DOES want to be friends, Darcy is visibly crushed, and Lizzie realizes her faux pas, tries to fix it, and then...?
7. 3:22 - "Lizzie, I still feel the same way I did back in the fall... more strongly than even than I did then. So if you just want to be friends, or say thank you for recent events then -" *KISS* Oh my goodness, I am not going to deny that I screamed when she kissed him! You could see it on her face, it had been building up for the entire episode, but when he says "I still feel the way I did back in the fall" oh... her smile. They are both confused and misunderstanding each other, and Darcy just loves her SO MUCH! He even says it, he says that he feels so much more strongly in that moment than he did when I burst in and declared his love to her in the fall. This is his now-or-never point, and if she doesn't reciprocate feelings this time around...? Well, I guess he didn't really have to worry about that, because Lizzie was tired of the confusion and BAM! Like a woman of the twenty first century, she took matters into her own hands. :)
8. 3:55 - "I could use some further illumination on certain points, however." *MEGA KISS* Oh Darcy, just stop it! Your intellectual flirty phrases slay us. Lizzie's kiss to Darcy was sweet, it was brave, it made the entire Internet squeal like little girls, but Darcy's kiss to Lizzie??? It was BEAUTIFUL and made the entire Internet DIE. I absolutely love that after Lizzie's green light he took the wheel and didn't make her make the moves anymore. After he knew it was absolutely okay to kiss her, he became the man and kissed her RIGHT!
9. 5:17 - "Gosh, for two such smart people we can certainly act like idiots, can't we?" I love it. I just love it. I love that they have FINALLY moved past all of the insults and misunderstanding and poor timing and have realized that they are MEANT for each other!
10. Oh! And can we just take a moment to appreciate the adorable-ness that is Lizzie playing with Darcy's tie from the moment he kisses her, on?
11. 5:40 -"I want to be with you, because of you... got it?" "*hair stroke* Clear as day, Lizzie Bennet." *mutual kiss* Hands down the sweetest moment of the entire episode! The hair stroke just about killed me, but the mutual kiss actually did! Plus you can tell that Darcy is just drinking in every word that she is saying - almost like he can't believe that it's really happening. He was waited for SO LONG to hear her say those words, and after watching her videos he probably never thought she actually would. :)
 
 Okay, now that I've killed all of my readers with Lizzie-Darcy feels, it's time to overload some MORE on the perfection!
Watch this, and we will discuss. :)

 
1. Okay, first of all.... have we ever, EVER in the history of LBD seen Darcy so happy? I mean, have we ever seen him smile so much? The answer is no, no we haven't. :) It took some Lizzie kisses to get him there.


2. 1:31 - They walk in holding hands... HOLDING HANDS!
3. 1:35 - Another poke at her videos... Tumblr would say... suh cute!
4. 2:34 - His reaction to her, "I would have said... yes." is probably the cutest thing I have EVER seen! And I watched "Too Cute" with my sister yesterday on Animal Planet... an entire show of just puppies versus the Darcy reaction? That's saying something.
5. 2:40 - "Well have a good day Lizzie Bennet, I'm sorry to have disturbed you." "...What?!?.... Seriously???" Okay, before we get to the best part of the video, let's just take a moment to appreciate Darcy's silly side right here. He's TOTALLY imitating his reactions in a majority of her videos. And her reaction is PRICELESS (which I'm sure is what he was going for). :) And now on to the best stuff!
6. 2:54 - "Time to go!" *picks up and carries out of frame* Oh Darcy just STOP IT!!! I'm so happy that we're finally seeing the playful, happy, wonderful Darcy that Gigi described in an earlier episode! These two love birds are probably the cutest things that I have ever seen, and it's probably unhealthy for me to keep watching them... Darcy just keeps upping my expectations for men (as if OUAT's Charming didn't do that enough!). :) I love it, I love it, I looooove it!
 
So that is all... that's my fangirl rant for you. :) Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to take a nap so that my poor swollen face can heal.
I promise that my next post will have something to do with that dang challenge I accepted! Either that, or it'll be about this wisdom tooth excursion... or maybe both! :D
We shall see.


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs