I did it!
I finished my first book for my self-bestowed "13 books for 2013 challenge".
As you may - or may not - know, I have never been the most avid reader.
I enjoy it, very much so when I've got the right book, but I've never been one to actively pursue reading.
For example, when I finish a book I set it down, take a deep breath, ponder what I've just read like a scholar and then go on my merry way until another book stumbles across my path that asks to be read... I never EVER say to myself after finishing a book, "Gee, I wonder what I'm going to read next?"
This challenge so far (though, mind you, I've only finished one book) has already started to change that perspective of mine and I love it!!!
I always wanted to be a book worm. :)
So which book did I finish?
As you may - or may not - know, I have never been the most avid reader.
I enjoy it, very much so when I've got the right book, but I've never been one to actively pursue reading.
For example, when I finish a book I set it down, take a deep breath, ponder what I've just read like a scholar and then go on my merry way until another book stumbles across my path that asks to be read... I never EVER say to myself after finishing a book, "Gee, I wonder what I'm going to read next?"
This challenge so far (though, mind you, I've only finished one book) has already started to change that perspective of mine and I love it!!!
I always wanted to be a book worm. :)
So which book did I finish?
And ohmygosh! I can't stop raving about it. It could be a little bit dry for some people (it's primarily a research book about psychological/physiological/environmental effects on temperament and personality), but honestly it was one of the most informative, eye opening, validating, interesting books that I have ever read!
This post isn't going to be a book review, so if you want to know more... pick up the book. :)
Or listen to some of Susan Cain's work on YouTube...
Here, I'll get you half way there by linking her TED Talk right here in this post!!!
Here, I'll get you half way there by linking her TED Talk right here in this post!!!
You're welcome. :)
...I'm thinking either The Screwtape Letters, or Way to Be! as my next read... take a gander at the list and let me know, what do you think?
...I'm thinking either The Screwtape Letters, or Way to Be! as my next read... take a gander at the list and let me know, what do you think?




No comments:
Post a Comment