Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunrise {Green} Smoothie

So today I was in my Public Speaking class like a good little college student and the crazy, hilarious, always sarcastic girl who sits behind her walked in late. In her hand she was holding a green smoothie. Our teacher didn't mind one bit and just carried on with the lesson as if nothing had happened, but all of the students around this girl were either fascinated or horrified by the green concoction in her hand.
To their stares her only reply was, "It tastes like a sunrise, okay?!"
Inside I was smiling... I had eaten PLENTY of green things in my lifetime and enjoyed them very much, but my fellow students weren't so easily convinced. One of them asked for a taste and this girl stuck it out without even blinking (or facing him in fact) and said, "Go crazy."
He enjoyed it.
Which was to be expected.
So at the end of class, one girl was asking for the recipe... and not trying to be a creeper, I listen in ever so carefully as I was packing up.
And when I got home I tried it out myself! And even tweaked the recipe a bit!
And since I believe in sharing, and since it would be cruel of me to share this story without allowing you to enjoy/experience it in REAL LIFE, here is the recipe to the green smoothie.
 photo IMG_03692_zps196d079e.jpg
 
Frozen Pineapples, Mangoes, and Peaches (the peaches were my little addition)
1/2 of a banana (frozen or thawed, it works either way)
1 big handful of Spinach
1 teaspoon of Flax (my other addition)
Roughly 3/4 Cups of Water (depending on how many solids you add in and how thick you want it to be)

 
She was right... it DOES taste like a Sunset, and the dreams of baby unicorns. :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs