Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Putting off Studying for my BIO Test

Sometimes after a rough day/week/MONTH, us girls (no matter how rough and tumble and tom-boy we may be) must embrace our inner girl and do a little bit of self-pamper in order to bring ourselves back up again.
Sometimes that involves make-up, sometimes it involves self-pedicures and fresh nail polish, sometimes it involves sparkles and glitter, and sometimes it involves pretty dresses and frilly things.
Last night - for me - it involved hi-jacking my mom's gel eyeliner (that she doesn't even use... don't worry), pulling out some obscure eye shadow colors that I never even use (because I seriously only use the same three boring neutral tones every time I wear eye shadow), looking up about seven different YouTube makeup tutorial videos (my favorite girl was Tanya Burr... she was stinkin' adorable AND she was British... who doesn't love watching British people telling them how to do their makeup???), and giving myself red-carpet smokey eyes.
They look raccoon-y in the quality of my web cam lens, but I promise you... it did look legit.
And it felt legit.
Because when you have a giant anatomy exam the next day (written AND practical back-to-back on the skeletal and muscular systems... bleh), and are already so behind on your Tuesday-Thursday classes, and haven't been working out as much, and have decided to cut your hair but don't want to have to wait until Friday to do so (yes, the whole "growing it out thing" hasn't worked out, and operation hack-it-back-off is underway... by Friday I am going to finally look more like this and less like this)... *deep breaths*
...well my friend, on those days? You need to do something extra girly to hit the refresh button. :)
 photo TPhoto_00007nk_zps3315c4ba.jpg photo TPhoto_00006fh_zpsfa516355.jpg

1 comment:

Epic Thread said...

I've had plenty of nights where I'm feeling down and the only thing that will cheer me up is to go curl my hair. Sigh...being a girl is weird sometimes.
Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!
http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs