Please excuse me while I bore you with the epic story of my first crybaby, eyes-closed, shaking all over Haunted House experience.
It feels like it was just this past Saturday *coughcough* that I finally put on my big girl pants and decided, "You know what? Seventeen years of being a baby has done me NO good! I need to suck it up and go through a Haunted House! Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be fun!"
...
Friends. It was not fun. Let's give a little background shall we?
So five of my very good friends decided at the begining of the month that they were going to volunteer for this Haunted House in at the AJ Boys and Girls Club to raise money for the Firefighters in the area. Good for them! I was excited for them, because hey! If you're into that kind of stuff, how fun would that be? Right?
So one day at lunch one of my good friends who was playing Frankenstein in the Haunted House looked at me and said, "Jadyn! Do you know what you should do this weekend?" I looked straight back at him and said, "Nope! What should I do this weekend?"
"You should go to the Haunted House at the AJ Boys and Girls Club!"
"..."
"Seriously! It's for a good cause, plus me and Victoria and a bunch of others are in it!"
"...you do realize who you're talking to right?"
"C'mon Jadyn, it's not even that scary! For a Haunted House it's pretty mellow!"
"Nope! Not up for debate. I'm not going, sorry guys."
I held my ground for a good week and a half. My friend Taytum even walked me through the entire Haunted House room by room during a sectional! By that time I had started thinking to myself, Maybe they're right... I mean, if it really is a pretty mellow one then I should be able to hand it right? And I need to be a good friend and support them... it's for a good cause, right? But the rest of my weekends for the month were booked, so it wasn't even an option anyway. In a way I was a little bit dissapointed. Not only did I not feel like a good friend, but I also had been mentally preparing myself to stand up to my fear. In a way, it was going to be sort of a self-liberating moment for me. I was going to stand up to my fear, face it, and conquer it, then come out a bigger person. But... I guess it wasn't meant to be.
THEN! I get a message on Facebook, and my Trek Family Reunion that was supposed to be on that Saturday had been moved a day up and my Saturday evening was suddenly free... I debated for a moment... scratched my head... consulted my crystal ball... and then made the fateful decision: I was going! :D
I armed myself with my very best friends who I KNEW wouldn't get scared to come with me, and we all decided to meet at Starbucks before we left for some yummalicious drinks. Camille and Emily got teas, I got a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (my new favorite!), and Caleb decided to be boring and get... nuffing. We ate, drank, and were merry.
Then we departed.
Jamming out to the new Coldplay CD, we felt invincible! I was really doing this! My friends were here with me! There was a cute boy participating in the Haunted House that I'd get to (sort of) see! What a wonderful world!
Until.......
We turned onto Idaho Street and it hit me: I was actually going into a Haunted House.
"Umm... guys? I changed my mind - let's go back!"
"No Jadyn, you can do this."
"No guys, really. Let's go back home and forget it!"
"Jadyn! It's going to be ok! It's only a Haunted House, and we'll be with you the whole time!"
"Jadyn! It's going to be ok! It's only a Haunted House, and we'll be with you the whole time!"
"*defeated wimpering*"
We got there, we paid, the lady at the front played a mean trick on me, we went to the bathroom, and then we started.
Lovely friends, never no never has my heart ever beat so fast. I was holding Emily's hand to the point of strangulation, and at the very begining my friend and Trek brother Cameron jumped out as a zombie... I died! Then the Frankenstein room... wasn't too bad. Then we walked through this tunnel and somebody came around the corner screaming... I never saw their face, from that point on my eyes were plastered shut. Now my amazing friend Emily was guiding me blind through this haunted house... nice. In the polka dot room one of my best friends Taytum and her little sister had to pry my eyes open to say hey but once they did the brave face came on and we had a grand ol' fifteen seconds of fun before moving on. But I think what really broke me was when we were rounding one corner my foot (I was wearing Jesus Sandels) kicked something warm heavy and moist resembling a peice of nasty meat... *shudder*... and then this crazy wolf man got right up next to me ear and was snarling and snorting and yelling in my face like he was trying to get me to open my eyes (that's right wolf man, be as obnoxious as you can, yell in her face, snort, and snarl, and drool and THEN she'll open her eyes for sure! Good plan, good plan.) and THEN this creepy kid grabbed my ankle. I lost it, the eyes filled up.
But, before I knew it, it was over! We ended the Haunted House and everybody was laughing, including me! Camille looked at me with the taddest bit of concern and asked, "So... how was it?" and the storm broke loose. Needless to say I will not be attending one of those again. :) Good job though to Jake, Victoria, Taytum, Shay, and Cameron! You definately scared me. :)
P.S. Homecoming was fantastic! It was a grand ol' time and we actually stayed for the entire dance! Yeah, I guess Desert Ridge figured out how to throw a non-disgusting dance. It was super fun. I'd give details if I felt like it... but I guess you'll just have to be satisfied with this: Jake was a fabulous date, we went to a movie, then we got ready and took pictures at his house, we were late to pictures, we ate dinner at IHOP with out group, we went to the dance, we danced quite a bit, we stayed for the after party at Camille's house for about 15 minutes then peaced out because of curfew. It was fun. :)
P.P.S. Pictures from Spirit Week? I think so. :)


I only got pictures from Mustache Day and Would You Still be my Friend if I Wore This Day. Sorry!
P.P.P.S. Remember that post about Free Crappy Portraits? Well, I present to you the lovely Free Crappy Portrait of none other than the Princesses! Feel free to OOO and AHHH.



1 comment:
Oh Jaydn, you look so pretty! I am glad to hear homecoming was fantastic! :)
And yeah- I am not a fan of haunted anything! People tried to get me to go the haunted gym (which is in my school) and nope- I refuse. Flat out. I am glad you were able to laugh about it in the end... I would of done the same thing though- be led blind through the entire thing! Haha. :)
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com
Post a Comment