Well I suppose I should write a big ol' long post about the Pioneer Trek I went on this past week. You know, the one I never really documented about prior to it's coming because of my procrastination in packing (really if you think about it... the pioneers had to pack their things right on the spot. They didn't have time to really plan out their departure and check off a list, so if you think about it I wasn't procrastinating... I was giving myself the full pioneer experience! Yeah, we'll go with that. )? Well, it happened. And yes, it was hands down one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it was also one of the most rewarding!
But not to Psych you out of anything... because I'm not going to post about it just yet! :) Sorry! I know it sounds silly, but I'm waiting for a couple of people to upload some pictures that I can mooch off of... so you can just deal.
In the meantime, let me tell you about a little
place in a corner of the vast network we like to call the Internets. It is a wonderful place in which you may have your portrait drawn in a crappy manner if you will but send in a picture of yourself with a description.
After seeing my wonderful friend Victoria's crappy portrait I had to try it out for myself! I sent in this picture/description that very day and waited patiently...

My name is Jadyn Maree Hicks (Lady Jane, Rupert, whatevs...) and I heard about your wonderful little system today through a friend of mine who recently had her portrait drawn with a llama. I think what you do is one of the greatest things I've ever heard of! Thank you for making the world cooler. :)
So anywhosle, my name is Jadyn Maree, and I am a Gemini. I sing, act, play instruments, dance without coordination, dress without matching, laugh unctrollably, and love unconditionally. It's a gift... and a curse. :) I'm a dog person. Especially a big dog person. Especially a boxer dog person. I'm not a picky eater, I just love food! Daffodils are my favorite flower. Purple is my favorite color. Rain is my favorite weather. My quest at the moment is to see with my own two eyes a reclusive giraffe that lives along a backroad behind my neighborhood. Said giraffe once belonged to Michael Jackson. This is a true story. :)
Thank you for your time! I'm excited to see what your genius produces!
So after waiting and waiting for a month of two I started to wonder if my wonderfully hideous portrait would ever arrive. Suddenly, on a day I was least expecting it, it was there! Just sitting there in my mailbox! I was afraid to open it at first... I hesitated... then closed my eyes. I. Just. Wanted. It. To. Be. Hideous. I openeded it, finally opened my eyes, and to my dissapointment saw this... this thing!
I mean, what part of crappy don't they understand...? It's adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment