So one quarter of my Senior year is already over... how crazy is that? I mean, they always say to watch out and live it up because it'll zoom right past you, but this is insane! It only feels like we've been in school for a week or two and it's already Fall Break! So you know what that means right? Yep... I'm just going to post a bunch a pictures and ramble a bunch of thoughts. Ready? Good, cause here we go!
First thing's first... I'm really diggin' being in Econ with my bestest bestie on the planet, Mimi. I mean, that class is cool as it is, but sitting next to her all hour just raises it to a whole new level of awesomeness! ...Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
Oh, and that class is cool also because of the fact that we now all belong to an Economic cult called the Royal Order of TINSTAAFL... Mr. Caryl is our "Grand Puba"... if Mimi and I become spy ninjas or Econ teachers (whichever comes first) we get to steal his crown.
And you know what else I'm diggin'? Being in choir yo! It's kind of a depressing deal, since my love of Band has begun to diminish... let me explain. I love playing my clarinet. I adore it! Being in EVMCO was hands down THE MOST moving and increadible experience of my life (speaking of which it turns out that they had requested me to re-audition for their winter concert and I didn't find out until it was too late... bummer!!!!!!!!) and I absolutely love playing my instument in that type of setting: a Symphony. I hate playing in a band. I honestly think that band instuments by themselves sound kind of ugly. And on the flip side, I think that orchestra instruments by themselves sound ugly too. In my opinion, the cirriculum should combine the two classes and make just one big symphony class instead of a top Band and top Orchestra class, but whatevs. The point is, I hate being in just band every day. The atmosphere stinks, the commitment levels stinks, and just about the only two things keeping me in there are the opportunities it provides me with (Regionals and All State and things like EVMCO) and my kick butt awesome clarinet section. They are kind of my family in that class, I love them oh so much!
So aaaanyways, to break off of that little tangent, I just wanted to express how much I have loved being in choir so far! It's been a little bit nerve racking for me exposing myself and putting my voice out there on the chopping block, and I have for sure felt like I'm out of my legue in that choir, but everybody has been so accepting of me and encouraging! In a class where nearly all of these people have taken choir and trained their voice since they were wee Junior High-lets a greenie like me (never taken choir before last semester) can feel a little bit overwhelmed, but the thing that I am overwhelmed with is just how kind anf open everybody has been to me! They are starting to become a real little family to me and I absolutely can't wait every day to start my first hour class. :)
P.S. We totes got a superior at the ChoDa Festival... and out of the two days only four had been given out before us... aint no thang. :)
On other thoughts... if I were employed and had some extra cash to burn I would own these babies in a heart beat! :)
That is all folks! I'll talk to you next week if I survive the Trek... yes you heard me correctly! :D I get to go with the Desert Ridge Stake on an actual Pioneer Trek! Goodness me words can't describe my excitement. :) So peace out y'all!
P.S. Dude...Princesses kind of rock (including Mimi, though she is absent from the picture).











No comments:
Post a Comment