Saturday, November 5, 2011

You Done Chopped All Yo' Hair Off!

So back in May we had a Choir Concert back at Basha. The older sister of one of our Altos came to warm us up and work with us before the concert started who was training to become a Choir Teacher herself. She was rockin' a short haircut with a little pink streak and I loved it! She looked fabulous with her little pixie do and what not. :) I asked her after the concert if she liked it and if she would recomend it to anyone... she gave me a VERY enthusiastic yes! She told me that it would be the most liberating thing that any girl could ever do.

I thought about it... said "Nahhh" and never really thought about it again.

Until last Friday Night (*snort* no pun intended).

I was in One Acts, remember that? And one of the leads in the show right before mine was a girl named Keira who rocked the same do. Again... I had to wonder whether or not I could pull off the same do. I asked her questions about it, she walked me through her styling process, and I got super excited.

I have been trying to grow my hair long for years, but it's time I faced the facts. My hair is much too thin and fine to be long and lucious - it was my dream that would never be. After a little bit of saddness and some sniffling I grew excited. I was going to chop my hair off! :D

And this time I wasn't messing around. I called my hair dresser Jill who was SO excited to hear the news! So, exactly a week and a bunch of researched pictures later, I ended up in the chair, Jille pulled my hair into a pony tail, and chopped off the end! She then proceeded to clip up on the top, around my ears, across the forehead, in the back, and VOILA! My new dew was complete! :D And I am absolutely in love!


So... before the cut... Photobucket



And after the cut!
Photobucket


I adore it. :) Why I never did this sooner is beyond me!

4 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

Jaydn!
That is ADORABLE!
I love it! It looks incredible on you!
You look like Audry Hepburn!!!!
AHHHH!
Too cute.
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE? Seriously. Love, love love. Oh, and we need to play soonly. I miss you. The end. Amen.

Emily Jardine said...

FURRREAKING LOVE.

kami said...

I LOVE IT!!! You have the perfect face for that cut. Way to go!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs