Monday, November 21, 2011

They Say Love is For Loosers... and I Agree With Them

So friends, Mimi and I were Facebook studying tonight for our Econ test tomorrow...


Facebook Studying [fay-ss-buhk stuh-deey-ing] verb - the method in which children who live rediculously far from their High School are reduced to when trying to study with their friends for a test.


...and I happened to stumble upon a Facebook status posted by a sweet girl in my Stake. It read:


"If you feel something for someone, why would you let that pass? You only live once.♥"


Now I'm no Ebenezer Scrooge or anything, and this really makes logical sense... but putting all logistics aside I mean does this REALLY work? From my experience, no. I think it's more complicated than that. I'm more afraid of being hurt or rejected than of letting something that could have been wonderful pass by... you know, that probably explains why I've never been in a real relationship with a guy and while part of me feels like I'm missing out, part of me REALLY DOESN'T! I mean, I look at my friends' relationships at school and while it would be fun to hold a guy's hand and have someone to text cute things to and go on dates with and all the fun mushy stuff that goes with a relationship with a cute boy... I also feel like it's fun to not be tied down to one guy, and to be footloose and fancy free. You know?

So anyway... *clears throat awkwardly*, now that I've got that chip off my shoulder... :) Hows about a story...?

Yes we are re-visiting my good friend Janice. Oh yes... we love her very much. :)

There once was a girl named Janice and a boy named Rudy... but we all know how that went and now they are nice friends. Rudy is still and idiot and Janice still thinks his brain is full of sawdust. Aight? Aight.

So anywhosle. There was this boy named Billy. Janice thought he was pretty swell. I mean, he was awesome in Seminary, SUPER spiritual outside of Seminary (the boy says grace before he easts his lunch every day for crying out loud! ... so I heard), funny as heck, pretty dang cute in Janice's opinion, and actually smart.

Whaaaaa? Is this guy for real?

Janice thought not, it couldn't be so... which was when she decided to admire Rudy instead. You following?

So after Janice realized her grave mistake in ever giving her attention to Rudy she remembered Mr. Billy from lunch! What a boy!

She's rediculous. I told her not to, but she found herself secretly liking this new boy.

Of course she was caught COMPLETELY off guard when he asked her to a school dance. Ecstatic, yes, but completely shocked and nervous.

Her friends at the lunch table finally called her out when she replied yes and she admited that she may have the slightest bit of a little crush on the kid. They freaked.

Apparently he had the most obvious crush on her as well and it became the new talk of the table for the next few days whenever Billy wasn't around. Well... the school dance came and went, and it became completely obvious to Janice that her hopeful feelings weren't being reciprocated in the slightest.

That much was obvious.

So after seeing that Facebook status Janice was a little bit peeved. Sure we only live once, but what happens when you go for it and your hopes get squashed? What then? And what if it's a reccuring thing? What if Rudy and Billy aren't the first ones for Janice to have this type of experience with? Is she supposed to keep on picking up the peices of her little un-loved heart and move on to the next guy who she know will reject her just like every. body. else. I dunno... if you ask me it's just easier to stay single and keep your feelings bottled up.

Anywhosle, back to the story, so after the dance he was still nice to her, but something changed after the dance that obviously meant he had "changed his mind"... who knows why and who knows if he even ever liked ehr in the first place?

All I know is this: Janice told me that while she is at peace with the dissapointment and rejection she is also fed up with it. She wants to start a revolution! One in which every single member of the female race will purchase a ping pong paddle to whack every single member of the male race with.

I don't know about you, but I think that is quite a good idea. :)

I now draw this rant to a close.

5 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

ARGH! I have had this exact experience before, and it is NO fun at all. I am sorry... and I am glad you came to your bloggy blog friends to rant too! That is what we are for! And yes- let us all go purchase ping-pong paddles! :)
Hugs,
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Oh, Jadesie. I'm sorry boys suck sometimes. That's just a universal truth, unfortunately. And though I agree with the essence of your opinion that it's not always good to go parading your feelings on anyone who's standing still, I do have to say: "what happens then" is that you come out a better and stronger Jade. You tuck one more experience under that cute belt of yours and you add a little more to your armor. It totally sucks for the moment...but it's definitely one of those things you'll be grateful for later.

Love you, sweet girl! Happy Thanksgiving!

auntieED said...

May I join your revolution! I like hitting people with ping pong paddles.

Emily Jardine said...

Let's make a club of people who seriously doubt any human being with an X AND a Y chromosome will actually ever ever be attracted to them. because i would totally make you my vice president if we did that.
i hate men.
but i like them.
I LIKE MEN.

...
this is why nothing ever happens for me.

Emily Jardine said...

i can't believe i just said that.

but seriously, every member of our club can have ping-pong paddles. it would be cool. ...

yup.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs