I just read Mimi's blog and there she wrote of her plans for after High School!
If you don't know who my friends Mimi is then I suggest you mosy on down to her blog and read it, for she is a wonderful person...
...that is...
...unless you're a creeper or a grosso...
...in that case just feel free to click the little red X in the top right hand corner of your screen because, quite frankly, I don't like you reading my blog either...
...in that case just feel free to click the little red X in the top right hand corner of your screen because, quite frankly, I don't like you reading my blog either...
mmmmmmmmkay!
Anywhosle, I figured that it would a good idea to rip the idea off from her because recording these thoughts and impressions will be good for me and will make it feel more concrete.
Make sense?
So here it goes!
-I will be graduating in May of 2012, exciting times right? I still can't believe it's already here! It seems like just yesterday that I was coming out of my Freshman year thinking, "Boy this was fun, but do I really have to do it THREE MORE TIMES???" Now it's nearly halfway over! Since when did I become so old...?
-I will be apllying to... Chandler Gilbert Community College in the Fall Semester of 2012... I think. Here's the thing, I feel really strongly that I need to start out at a Community College before I go off to a University to earn a Degree. It's not because I'm not smart enough or driven enough, no, it's because personally I feel like I need that transitional period and time to figure out how exactly to be an adult. You know, get a job, save up money, learn how to do bills, taxes, banks, that sort of crap. And the reason that I chose CGCC over MCC is because of this one simple little detail: Chandler Gilbert has a Massage Therapy Program... Mesa does not. That's right, I've decided to go into Massage Therapy. I really like the idea of natural healing and alternative medical applications, plus I have ALWAYS wanted to get into Essential Oils and I think that if I can find a good program or research it or work under someone who incorporates that kind of stuff that I would love to learn about that. I have always been fascinated with the Human Body and how it works and I've loved the aspect of having a carreer that helps people... I've just been to afraid to really go into the "Medical Field". At CGCC not only can I get a Massage Therapy Certificate, but I can earn an Associates Degree in Applied Science through the Therepuetic Massage Program! And the Pre-Requisite classes sound totally doable! (Anatomy & Physiology, Introduction to Alternative Medicine, Overview of Massage Therapy, Self-Care for Healthcare Providers, Fundamentals in Healthcare Delivery, and Medical Terminology... I mean, really... maybe a little bit boring, but surprisingly not out of my league!) And if all that wasn't good enough, Mimi is going there as well, and guess who is the Choir Director there...? Just guess. :) That's right! Mr. Acker my PHENOMINAL Choir Instructor back at Basha! :D I have been praying about it and so far I feel really peaceful about it, so I'm going to continue to seek the Lord's guidance in this matter... but so far, this is direction in which I think I'm going to go. :)
-Then if all goes according to plan I'll be graduating from CGCC with an Associates Degree in Applied Science as well as a Certificate for Massage Therapy in the Spring of 2014. I will (hopefully) by then have been accepted to BYU-Idaho and head up there to start in their Fall Trimester. I'm hoping to be able to get on the Fall-Spring-Summer rotation so that I can spend my Winters (December/January through March I think) as my "Summers" down home in Arizona and spend the rest of the times up in Idaho when the weather is nicest... make sense? :) I have absolutely no idea what I would want to earn my degree in once I am up there, but I'm sure that once the time comes that I will have made up my mind somewhat. :)
So there you go! Those are my plans! :) Now sit back, relax, and listen to the Christmas Magic that is She & Him. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment