So I'm kind of a silly teenage girl.
I plan on going out of state for college, not too far, but somewhere where it snows at least a little bit.
And then afterwards I have my heart set on moving up to some small Northern Arizona town where, again, it snows at least a little bit.
But... wait a second.... Jadyn Maree and snow DO NOT mix!
Why am I still set on moving for like fourish years in the snow and then... wait for it... MORE years in the snow?
I just don't understand myself sometimes. :)
So I went to the snow over the weekend with the Youth in my Ward.
It was fun, but oh, the un-coordination, the cold, the hair, the hats. It was all a little bit frightening to anybody who witnessed it.
I apologize for any minds that I may have scarred.

I have to admit, I was super concerned about being stuck in a car filled with ALL Beehives on the 2 1/2 hour ride up to Heber... but it was suprisingly peaceful and fun filled! Lucky me got put in a car filled with all the mellow ones.
I was a happy camper. :)


So I never really anticipated how cold it was actually oging to be up there... but oh DANG! It was cooold! All of us Young Women wer sungged up in the family room/kitchen of Sister Weight's mom's cabin and it was pretty teeny tiny for all us girls...
My wooly socks did a pretty good job at keeping me warm though, I must say.

See for yourself. There was NO floor space.

I also discovered something new on this trip... Carmex is sick-to-the-nast!!!!!!!!!

Rough night? I think so.

So the next morning we cleaned up and got into our snow gear. These weren't my snow pants and they were marshmallow legs on me! I felt like such a goober wearing the pudge pants!

Before breakfast guess what we found abandonned in the front yard???



Yeah! That AND a bulldozer!


Yes, it was fabulous.

Let me just take this moment to say that I LOVE these little beehives. They were so wonderful to me and shared teir lip gloss and I will be eternally gratefull for their peacefull-ness and lack of provocation to rip their heads off. (Love ya Bethany, Melinda, Ashley, and Britney!)


Ok, so... SeRiOuSlY??!?!?!?!?!?!?? We got ot the snow place with much difficulty, and when we thought we were all fine and dandy we were met with this huge hill. I'm talking HUGE! It seriously took me... um... well over 5 minutes to climb. And every step I took, I sunk at least to my knee in snow. Oh my thighs were burning like nobody's business!
But, to our amazement, we made it to the top. I decided to sit and rest for a while (yes, I am a wimp) and guess who came to sit with me? Ashley and Britney! My two favorite Beehives (well, not anymore. Now they're brand new MiaMaids)! They are so sweet. And on my left is pretty much my best guy friend (besides Kyle, but I didn't get any pictures with him... he was too tall to fit in the same frame as me with me taking the picture) ever! Brandon and I have been close ever since we were about.... 6 years old! I stinkin' love this kid!

Then I decided to be a good samaratin. Notice the absence of shoes? Yes, those are WalMart bags... don't be hatin'. I decided to be nice and give my warm boots to a beehive to warm her feet in. We'll call her Sally. Sally was nearly crying because she decided to wear Vans, and her feet were cold and wet and nobody could spare their shoes.... it feels good to help, even if it gives you cold feet (no pun intended).

AGH! Holy Troll face! Please excuse the yucky face, and hair. It started to get a little bit warm out and I look rediculous in hats so I decided that it was time to retire the hat for the day. People told me that my hair looked fine, but when Brother Keim jokingly commented, "Nice hair Jadyn." I knew that there were no longer cute pig tailed curls on top of my head... it was a mop. ......Oh well.... :)

So of the day's activities, the funnest (don't even try and tell me it isn't a word) one was building the tunnel. Bethany, Kyle, Ashley, Brandon, and I found this giant mound of snow in which we decided to build a large tunnel through. We never finished it, but we got pretty dang far. Check it out!
This side was the side that Kyle and Ashley worked on mostly.

This was the side that Bethany, Brandon, and I worked on mostly. My job was to slide into the hole after Kyle came with the sovel to knock down ice and pull it out. It was very glamorous, I assure you. :)

So......... shockingly enough, I am now sick from all of the festivus activities, and I'm praying that this will soon pass. It's been a couple of days since I've come down with this, but until I'm all the way better, I'll be using up tissues, Sudafed, oranges, and warm socks.

Man, I love my life! :)



3 comments:
This sums up everything SO well! I'm so sorry you got sick though! Thanks for being the "big sister" in Sister Wagher's car! You're such a good sport.
LOVE YOU!
Mostly I am commenting so it no longer says 1 comments. GAH!
Looks like you had a blast though, and I'm sure it was worth it, even though being sick makes you unable to hug your best friend.
Love you girl
You're nuts! Snow is the worst! Especially once you start driving!! You slip and slide all over the place and its absolutely no fun! Plus, it's freaking cold. You're lucky in Arizona! That's where I'm moving after high school. I want the heat so bad!! :)
Post a Comment