Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Literally Wanted to Throw Up...! (CAUTION Opinionated Material Included in This Fabulous Blog Post)

Ok bloggin' world, may I just say one thing?
I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and there is no other church on the face of this earth that I would rather belong to!
Period.
Why the sudden burst of testimony?
Well about fifteen minutes ago I hopped onto my computer and debated on whether I should make some last minute changes to my English paper, check to see if I had any Math homework, practice my Clarinet, or blog.
I was undecided so I just hopped onto youtube and looked up some church hymn music to listen to while I thought.
I open up an absolutely GORGEOUS version of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, and I was convinced that the youtuber who posted it had sung it, so after it was over, I clicked a link that led to a version of All Creatures of Our God and King that was sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was still beautiful, but I was a little bit let down.
I mean really, the a capella group who sang A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief were... angels.
I'm completely convinced!
I'm getting off track.
So I was listening to All Creatures of our God and King when I noticed some of the interesting comments under it. It was a discussion about mormonism, so I opened the entire conversation.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I was nearly in tears because of the wickedness of some of these children of God!

"Ok!! How was God created?? Prove that!!! "
"People!!! there is no god! You guys who belive in God are totally brainwashed!!"
"Church of .....Jesus Christ? of Latter Day Saints? Book of Mormon: Another Testament of...Jesus Christ?"
"The reason i don't bother with the book of the mormon is because there is nothing in there that God has written bud. God did not have that book sent down from heaven to teach us the Word. No, He sent us the Bible. "

This is sick, and I'm ashamed to post it on my blog, but this is my partial Journal. It's like my scrap catcher: anything I may miss and forget to write in my Journal is sure to be on here.
And I don't want to take a chance to miss the feelings that I am feeling right now, and those are very real: just as real and God the Father and Jesus Christ.
I know for a fact that this Church is the true Church, and it is humbly the Church of Christ.
I love this Church and the blessings that it brings me and the truth that is provides me with and the mercy and love and acceptance I find in it.
It is the most amazing thing in my life, and I can't imagine life without it.
I almost threw up when I saw the wickedness of the world, and it made me thank my Father in Heaven even more for the protection against it that I have through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love being a Latter Day Saint.
Any Reader of my blog should be aware of that.
And on that note, thank you for reading my blog. It really makes my heart smile!
Happy Sabbath.

P.S. On a lighter note, the wedding was FaBuLoUs! Thank you to everybody who helped out. Sydnee looked beautiful, and she and Tony are extremely happy together!
P.S.S. Sorry, no pictures yet. :)
P.S.S.S. I really love my mama.
P.S.S.S.S. I got a summer job nanny-ing my cousin Lexee! I'm so physched! Yell triumphantly with me, so that we might all feel this joy!


1 comment:

Miss Emily said...

Oh Jadyn... NEVER read the comment conversations under Mormon videos. They are full of nasty debaters who preach false doctrine... or just cuss about us "Joseph Smith worshippers" {P.S. Mormon's don't worship Joseph Smith fyi to any other commenters ;)}
I learned that the hard way too. :(
Your cousin is a doll! :) Have fun with your job!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs