Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's That Time of the Year Again...

I have so much that I could and should and would write about presently.
So. Much.
However, it's that time of year where professors sprinkle around projects and papers and 1,000-page review packets  like confetti and where, for two weeks, it seems as if my life shall end.
Yes, I am talking about finals week.
And every time I read back on my finals week posts I think to myself, "Wow Jadyn... a wee bit over dramatic don't you think?"
But then I experience it again and I think, "...yeah, pretty spot on there."
So while I could write posts about many things such as:
-My solo trip to Flagstaff
-Mimi's mission call (it's coming... like... tomorrow!!!)
-My new friend Mr. Kerby
-Those blog challenge prompts
I really just do not have the time presently...
I apologize.
I will be dead to the online world for about a week or so more, and then I promise I will be back up and blogging.
Until then, I will leave you with a sneak peek from my visit to Flag, and some great news...

1. Flagstaff-a-palooza! We said we'd go on a hike, and we really just ended up driving up the mountain, walking around, and driving back down... we're hard core folks, hard core.

2. I finished a second book in my personal 13 books for 2013 challenge!!! I was originally reading a book by Gordon B. Hinkley entitled Way to Be. The book had been sitting on my bookshelf for years but once I finally picked it up and began to read it I realized that I had somewhat outgrown it...it would have been a fantastic book to read when I was twelve or thirteen... not on the brink of my nineteenth birthday (that's right, I'm entering the stage where my age is not eighteen, it is "almost nineteen"). So instead I picked up a book recommended to me by my new friend Mr. Kerby and dudes... duuudes, I can not even begin to describe the awesomeness.
a. It was recommended to me by a man... and this fact gives me hope for the men of this world.
b. It was such a refreshing take on feminism because it was feminism as a return to what makes women so valuable, not a push to make women more like men... and I loved it.
It was a little bit mature at some points, and you can definitely tell that she is not an LDS author, but seriously? I never re-read books and this book I would re-read at least twice a year for the rest of my life... it's that good. I would recommend it to every single woman I know (and man for that matter). 
 photo 400000000000000922144_s4_zps3a54e6a1.jpg
And now I think the next book I will try to read will be The Screwtape Letters... anybody have a copy I can borrow? :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs