Okay, I really had NO IDEA just how serious girls get about their wedding plans until I sat down one day and realized that the majority of my girlfriends' wedding boards in pinterest were private... as in, nobody but them could see it.
"But ladies!" I said in all my glorious naivety, "Why on earth would you do that? Don't you want to let other people see your lovely tastes and ideas?"
They were stunned. "Jadyn!" they quickly responded, "What will happen when you go to all your of your friends' weddings and realize that they've stolen all of your ideas?!?"
And then it dawned on me... weddings have become a serious deal. Not only that, but they have increasingly gravitated from a ceremony of love to a production of DIY projects, pinterest worthy decorations, and elaborate/quirky ideas. A statement, really.
I've heard many grooms-to-be say in response to the congratulations of their upcoming wedding, "Well, don't congratulate me. Yes, I'm getting married but she's the one who's having the wedding."
...as much as I hate to agree with them... they're right.
Girls, we're the ones to put on the production and go over the top and get territorial over our ideas, and the worst part of it all is that we LOVE it!
Yes, we do. Don't even try to deny it.
Because as much as I can say how sad it is that weddings have gone from marrying your true love to being more clever and pinteresty than every other bride, I can't say that I am willing to give up all of the DIYish, pinteresty, quirky ideas that I've brewed up in my head over the years.
Sorry future husband... you're stuck with it. Your wedding is already planned. ;)
Now with all of that said, you may proceed to congratulate me on being brave enough to share all of my wedding dreams here on the hot bliggity blog.
Yes.
I may be giving away all of my wedding secrets and ruining my chances of being "unique" but hey... I figured that not THAT many people read this here blog anyway, and plus - let's be real here - if I was able to find more than ten pins about my theme, color choice, etc. on pinterest then it really isn't as unique and clever as I'd like to tell myself it is. :)
So let's get on with it shall we? :)
Jadyn's Totally Rockin' Totally Planned Out Wedding:
Theme:
Love Birds
Is this not the cutest idea you've ever heard? I'm absolutely in love with it! There are so many ways that you can incorporate feathers, twigs, birds, etc. into your weddings - especially now that the rugged, woodsy themed weddings are becoming so "in".
Love Birds
Is this not the cutest idea you've ever heard? I'm absolutely in love with it! There are so many ways that you can incorporate feathers, twigs, birds, etc. into your weddings - especially now that the rugged, woodsy themed weddings are becoming so "in".
Colors:
Grey, White, and Yellow
I've wanted these colors since my sophomore year of high school when I suggested them to Mimi as wedding colors. As soon as I said them I thought, "Dang! I want those colors too!" Luckily she got over them, and as soon as she declared other wedding likes (which girls often do) I snatched up my opportunity to claim them back.
Dress:
I don't have many aspects about my wedding dress that I HAVE TO HAVE. I won't go bridezilla if my dress isn't 100% lace, and I won't be a stickler if I thought I wanted a ball gown but I end up liking the shape of an A-line on my body more. However, there is one thing that I WILL be a stickler about and that is a Queen Anne neckline. It's beautiful, plus gives the dress a high back which, modesty wise, is the one thing that I really am not comfortable showing. Some people have really great backs, and others do not... I belong to the club of the latter. I'd like to keep it covered if I can. :)
I am also a HUGE FAN of the quarter length sleeves. While cap sleeves are cute, I feel like they've been used so much (especially with LDS brides) that they've fallen out of fashion. Whether they're timeless or in fashion, they're not what I gravitate towards... I love the quarter sleeves. They are sooo flattering, and sooo feminine, and sooo gorgeous (especially with lace).
Another thing that I love to see in dresses (that I've been seeing less and less) is a full skirt. Call me old fashioned, and maybe it's just the little five year old princess still living inside of me, but I love to see a full, pretty skirt. Maybe it'll be too hard to carry around, maybe I'll look like a pastry in one, but when I try on gowns I will have to try on AT LEAST one ball gown.
I've also entertained the ideas of a tea-length gown...don't know if I'd feel like a bride in one, but GOSH are they adorable!
Mostly I just love simple. I love the lace look because it gives off the look of intricacy without being over the top. No bling. No beading (at least not much). That's not how I roll. :)
Ring:
Pearl. Pearl all the way. But not JUST pearl, because hey... every girl needs a LITTLE bit of bling, right? I love the look of so many different pearl engagement rings, but this one is by far my favorite: a pearl surrounded by little diamonds. I love the vintage look it gives, plus it's FATHOMS cheaper than a giant diamond engagement ring.
And let me emphasize what a big deal it is that I have even been able to fall in love with a ring style at all! I have seriously hated rings ever since I can remember. Not that I hate rings in general, I just hate wearing them. I remember secretly throwing away those tiny little CTR rings that they'd hand out in junior primary into the trash can because I couldn't make myself wear it and I felt too embarrassed to give it back to my teacher. So the fact that I can honestly say that this ring makes me swoon? THAT is a big deal! :)
Hair:
Let it be said right here, right now that I will NOT be one of those brides who has to grow her short cut out long for her wedding. My hair will stay just as short, just as trimmed, just as angled as it is now. :) You will NOT see me with an elaborate up-do, or a shaggy bob in an attempt to feel like a "real bride". I've heard people say that your hair is a sign of your womanhood... I say that's a load of garbage. I have seen LOADS of women get married in their pixie and look JUST as feminine and bride-like as brides with hair down to their bums.
Bridesmaids:
Bridesmaids dresses is something that stresses me out just to think about. So girls? Whomever I decide will be in my bridesmaid party gets to pick out their own dress. I will hand them a color swatch (probably of varying shades of neutral tones of grey and brown) and give them a list of acceptable patterns (like chevron or something of the sort) and let them pick their OWN gowns! A.) they will look and feel fantastic in their dresses because THEY got to pick them out themselves... if I get to pick my own dress, so should they, B.) just look at how cute these mismatched bridesmaids are! I'm diggin' it.
Flowers:
I love it when brides have white bouquets. I think it's so beautiful and bridal. That being said, this bridal bouquet is my DREAM BOUQUET! I love the pops of green, the delicate yellow flowers, that there are no roses, and especially the feathers! I mean really... how perfect is it for a bride in a "Love Birds" wedding to have feathers in her bouquet?
And speaking of bridesmaids... I love the little pomander balls (at least I think that's what they're called) used in weddings, especially for the bridesmaid bouquet. How CUTE is that???
Just look at it... GAH! I'm going to die of cuteness. I just love it! It's so whimsical. :)
Cake:
I'm really not into over the top cakes. While they're gorgeous to look at, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel having one at my own wedding. No, I love the regular white look (again... so bridal, I love it) with just a pop or two to make it stand out. I love the burlap flowers added to this one!
I'm really not into over the top cakes. While they're gorgeous to look at, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel having one at my own wedding. No, I love the regular white look (again... so bridal, I love it) with just a pop or two to make it stand out. I love the burlap flowers added to this one!
And this wedding cake topper HAS to be at my wedding! Except instead of a bunch of cute little eggs inside there will be just two... one that says "Mr." and the other "Mrs."... can you say ADORABLE??? Like I said, I love my theme. There is so much you can do with it. :)
Decorations:I love the rugged, woodsy look when it comes to weddings, and so really anything burlap or lace makes me cry tears of happiness. When I say this idea to sew lace ONTO burlap? I died. I love it.
I also love the use of birdcages... remember, it's all about the theme. ;)
And these twiggy branches with Christmas lights? It looks so rugged yet so classy, and the little Chinese lanterns are just the icing on the cake! So simple, but so beautiful!

Reception:
Though it's probably not a realistic desire, I would love to have my reception at the Shenandoah Mill. It's so pretty, goes along with my look/theme, and is close. I've seen so many receptions done there and not one of them has been a flop. They've all been to die for! However seeing as the cultural hall is free and the Mill is not... the cultural hall will probably be what goes down in the end. It's fun to dream though. :)

This fingerprint guestbook is my FAVORITE idea by far! We have more than enough stamp pads at my house due to my mother's stampin' up obsession enthrallment, and it's a clever way to remember your guests without a big bulky guestbook. This one can be framed and hung... so cute.
And these little bird feeder take home gifts? I can attest that they are SO EASY to make (I've made them at scouts with my little buddy), easy on the wallet, go along PERFECTLY with my theme, and are just plain cute!
Temple:
This one I have saved for last because it is the most important... the temple. Really, when you get down to it a wedding isn't about your theme, or your colors, or your dress. It's about the covenants you are making with your spouse with Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed that as an LDS bride I will be able to be married in a house of the Lord... a literal "castle". The temple that I will petition to get married in SO HARD is an obvious one: the Gilbert Temple.
I have loved this temple ever since it's plans were first announced... I feel like it's MY temple! If I don't get married in it there will have to be a GOOD reason.
A good second would absolutely be the Salt Lake City Utah temple... holy beautiful. There is something magical about that temple. :)
And there you have it folks! Jadyn's future wedding to a tee! :)
If you steal my ideas I will hunt you down and photobomb all of your wedding photos making this face.
You won't want that.
All photos courtesy of Pinterest.



























1 comment:
Well I must be that one girl who didn't ever plan her wedding in advance. I honestly didn't care much about it. My mom and her friends literally did the whole thing. I picked out the colors and vetoed a couple of ghastly ideas (like a first dance.... No thanks) but your wedding plans are so adorable :) and I promise not to steal any of it! Ha!
Post a Comment