Holy cheesecake. You know those weekends where things are just splendid? Where the laundry gets done, and you catch up on all of the sleep you lost during the week (without being a blob), and you finish up all of your homework before Sunday, and everything is just dandy?
Golly, that was NOT this weekend.
Easily topping in at one of the DOOZIEST weekends I've had the pleasure to endure, I received my first ticket (and seriously? I could NOT stop crying... like, involuntarily, it was awful), wimped out of getting a smart phone and embarrassed myself in the Verizon store because of it, had to cancel a date because of a family get together (he was gracious though... totally understood) but then ended up missing the entire thing all together because of events outside of my control, and then I was recruited into two (not one, TWO) independent musical numbers on Easter Sunday as well as being guilt tripped into sight reading as an alto in the choir (this one I was glad of though, Chi did it with me and it turned out to be more fun than disastrous).
Can you say holy crap?
And may I just say in my defense of the speeding ticket that the "work zone" was not adequately marked in the area I had pulled out into. He clocked me going 42 in a 25 zone when I was under the impression that it was a 45 zone... no cones? No speed signs? No work zone, right? Heh heh heh, unless you're a bored cop that is! I had to pat myself on the back, though, because I seriously held it together the entire time he was interrogating me. As soon as he handed me the ticket though I rolled up the window and asked the poor girl I was taking to a musical number rehearsal for a tissue. She was like, "Sure... you okay?" ...but then all you-know-what just bubbled up inside of me and erupted out of my eyeballs.
And then after the practice I dropped her off, drove home, and devoured the left over cold stone I had in the fridge that I was saving for Sunday (I swear, Tumblr just knows my life and makes GIFs accordingly).
The ugly, involuntary crying lasted for a good hour or so until I had to go to a hair appointment with my sister (did I say had to go? I meant, I GOT TO GO!!! ...because my hairdresser is seriously amazeballs... and so is my sister... so the two of them together is like an amazeballs supreme sub sandwich!)
But hey, at least we got some engagement shots squeezed in for Preston and Erika.
Yeah, remember that one time I decided I sort of could take pictures and Caleb and Camille wanted to use that for a "just for fun" shoot? Well, guess who else decided to take advantage of the InCrEaDiBlE opportunity to have some amateur free engagement shots taken??? :D Hint the levels of sarcasm in which this paragraph is saturated in... I am in no way a professional. I just have a mom who has an okay quality camera with an artistic eye and a pic monkey royal subscription. But hey, that doesn't mean we don't like to drool over sneak peeks, right?
So Erika, until I figure out how to get all of your pictures to you, here's a sneak peek of some of my favorites from your shoot... might I just say that they look just beeeautiful?
That's all folks!
We'll jump right back on track with that blog challenge next time I post something! Mimi's kicking my trash in it!













No comments:
Post a Comment