No finals are not over yet...
Yes I am supposed to be typing up a report right now...
No I CAN NOT focus!
So instead I figured I'd just fill all of you in, maybe once I clear my head I'll finally get this dang paper written.
There are two exciting items of business for me to announce:
1. And Mimi is Going to Serve in...
Seriously guys? I was bawling... both when it happened and when I watched this video. I was tied up the night my BEST FRIEND was going to open her mission call. Seriously? It was a situation. So Erika was kind enough to help me be there via iPhone and I got to at least hear everything that was going on. See Mimi on the couch? See Erika's hand in the shot? See Jadyn via iPhone in Erika's hand? That's three of the princesses right there freaking out about Felix's call... and if that isn't beautiful I don't know what is.
And may we just take a second to appreciate the fact that said best friend is going to spend the next year and a half of her life in beautiful MILAN?!?!? Like... holy excitement, I can't even contain my happiness for this girl, I know just how badly she wanted to go foreign, and Italy is just about the most beautiful place you could hope to serve in!
2. Well, the Thing is...
Once upon a time Jadyn had a friend... her name was Haley Taylor.
Please enjoy this picture of Haley and Jadyn as wee ones... beautiful proof taken from the one time they actually hung out together.
Please enjoy this picture of Haley and Jadyn as wee ones... beautiful proof taken from the one time they actually hung out together.
After they graduated High School Haley decided that she ought to invite Jadyn to sing with her in a talented group called Resonance Vocal Ensemble. Jadyn was going to politely decline her invitation due to just how far away from her home/work/school the group rehearsed at, however, as fate would have it, that week was the very week they decided to announce a change of venue. Where was this new venue located you may ask?
No more than eight miles from Jadyn's home.
So Jadyn joins the choir, and not four weeks into her rehearsals with them does Haley divulge the fact that she has a man to set her up with. Jadyn is pretty iffy on the whole situation but decides to humor her friend. This guy is the best friend of Haley's fiancé and is apparently all that and a bag of chips, so how bad could he really be right? Well, after about a month of failed plans to go on dates, a coincidence that he had dated Mimi's cousin (and that it had ended badly), and a slew of other things Jadyn decides that this is a dead end and that she ought to forget the whole thing.
Well then folks... he calls her up and asks her on a date. She's not busy that night. They go out. They proceed to see each other almost every day after that.
Four weeks later?
My name is Jadyn Hicks and for the first time in my almost nineteen years of living, I have a boyfriend!!!
This is real life guys. :) :) :)
Time to put "Janice" to rest.
Since when did I say we were all allowed to grow up?
Alexa Dyan: Serving in Oregon
Erika Danielle: Engaged
Mimi Jardine: Called to serve in Italy
Victoria Renae: Graduating in 13 days
Jadyn Maree: Officially dating an RM
...I'd tell us all to stop it if it weren't so dang exciting... :)
This is real life guys. :) :) :)
Time to put "Janice" to rest.
Since when did I say we were all allowed to grow up?
Alexa Dyan: Serving in Oregon
Erika Danielle: Engaged
Mimi Jardine: Called to serve in Italy
Victoria Renae: Graduating in 13 days
Jadyn Maree: Officially dating an RM
...I'd tell us all to stop it if it weren't so dang exciting... :)





No comments:
Post a Comment