My tests are over, my classes are over, my papers are finished, and everything is DONE!!!
My freshman year of college is finished!!!
You know, part of me feels as if I should be more nostalgic about this whole thing... I mean, it's kind of a big deal isn't it? A very real part of me feels the obligatory need to write a little schpeal about what it's been like and what I've learned from my first year of college... and then I'd probably throw together some kind of reminiscent collage of my freshman year of high school and my freshman year of college or something stupid like that.
But dudes...it's over, and all I can really do is post as many triumphant GIFs as I can!
However, with the semester ending with such a bang (speaking of which, may I please take the time to wipe tears in my joy of receiving ALL A's plus one B for the ENTIRE YEAR?!? :D Like... words really can NOT express my overwhelming joy at that news) and my sleeping schedule being so thrown off lately, this has become my life...
...hence the reason I am writing this post at 2:30 in the MORNING!
Like guys, if I could be sleeping right now, I would be.
I never have a hard time sleeping.
But when you finish out finals week, follow it up by spending a weekend with your mom and sister at a doTERRA conference, and to finish it all off you add the fact that my sweet boyfriend works the night shift and has no regard for what a regular person's standard of "late" is... well, you get a Jadyn who's a little out of whack.
So instead of sleeping (because my body has informed me that that's not an option right now) I have decided to try my hand at blogging again. ;)
Let's catch up shall we?
Solo Trek To Flagstaff
Guys, I really can't express just how anxious, yet excited I was to take this trip... like, I legitimately had considered that I might not make it home alive, not because of the college hooligans that I would be staying with for the weekend, but because of the whole "driving mountain roads for the first time by myself" deal...
I mean, you guys know just how long it took me to be brave enough to drive in the first place, now add the insecurity of driving in unfamiliar territory... and NOW add the terror of that road being a scary mountain road (or at least...scary by the definition of certain unnamed third parties). It also didn't help that right before I left my brothers thought it would be funny to gather and watch the Modern Marvels episode "Dangerous and Deadly Roads"...
...guys...
At first I was like, "Oh Modern Marvels! How fun!"...
...but then I was like, "...this horror is about to be my reality..."
Needless to say, there were lots of little prayers said by Jadyn on her way out of Chandler. Of course, about an hour and a half into the drive I had pretty much gained the intelligence that this drive was not only going to be a piece of cake... it was going to be kind of boring on my own. But hey, there are worse things right? For about twenty minutes of the looong three-ish hour drive I at least got T-Kerbs to chat with me on the phone, but the poor guy works the night shift and needed to be sleeping.
So I get to Flagstaff in one piece, I make base camp in Camille's dorm, I listen to her awesome concert, and we pow-wow for the rest of the night.
Day two starts out with this...
...I know...it was my first weekend with an iPhone and I thought, "gee, what better way to break in the camera than by taking FoOd PiCtUrEs?!?!?" We went to a cute little coffee shop called Macy's which was way too crowded, and a leeeetle bit over-priced, but the service? Unbelievable! They were SO friendly and so "I'm in the kitchen of my best friend" feeling. And the hot chocolate? Oh. My. HEAVEN! They drew cute little pictures in it and it tasted like a melted brownie in a hot cup and I think I just died again from remembering it.
Everybody, drop whatever you are doing RIGHT NOW, drive up to Flagstaff, and get a cup of hot chocolate from Macy's.
You need it.
After gorging ourselves with liquid love and life, we took a mountain road up to some snowboarding slopes with every intention in the world of "hiking"... but it was windy, and we weren't feelin' it. We really ended up walking in a circle and discussed how many "proposal worthy" spots there were in Flagstaff, especially in the spot we were in.
We're girls.
I know.
While the trip was absolutely amazing and full of cool temperatures, concerts (not only were both of the girls in the dorm I was sleeping in music majors, but it was the weekend of All State as well... you guys think I passed up the opportunity to see them perform?), movies, giggles, food, and overall decompression (on my part at least, the trip was exactly what I needed right before finals flared up), there was one thing that it didn't do for me... make me envy dorm life.
It didn't wish that I shared a bathroom with a huge floor of people, and I didn't wish that I had to live off of over-priced campus food (dude... I don't even want to think about what that would do to my system), and I didn't wish that I lived in a space where I was forced to be invading on the space and energy of my room mate AT ALL TIMES. I also didn't wish that I was living in the vibe of "college life". While it was fun for a day or two, I would a.) be exhausted, and b.) never get anything done... like, ever. Not because I was partying, but because I would constantly be distracted by all of the socializing, and hype, and everything else that college kids are obsessed with...
It really reaffirmed to me that staying in-state is what I need to be doing, that finishing out at Chandler-Gilbert and transferring to ASU is going to be a good thing for me. I mean, now I'm just rambling, but right now when I think about the future (besides the fact that Mimi is leaving my life... as well as like a GAZILLION other people due to missions) all I feel is peace and excitement.
Like... I'm having to work really hard at appreciating the now and not becoming too anxious for the tomorrow. And on that note, thank you Mimi for writing this post... it's exactly what I needed to read in order to bring me back to center. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment