Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's Like A Dead Bird... But Alive!

Well I was planning on writing a lovely happy post today about yesterday and all of the magical qualities it possesed such as.....

Chi's Baptism

The EVMCO Concerts

Meeting Collin Raye (which was really on Friday, but let's not talk about that...)

However, what I was going to do and what I am going to do are two completely different things.

You see... picture a camera lost in oblivion.

That camera is my camera.

I have my suspicions as to where it might be, and keep your fingers crossed that that is indeed where it is. Because I would much rather have my camera lost in the backseat of my aunt's car than at the Mesa Arts Center.



Anywho... today what we're going to talk about is birds.

Yes birds.

Would you like to hear a confession?

I am terrified of birds.

I mean from a distance they're beautiful and magnificent creatures of flight! But up close they're frantic, brainless, clawed, winged creatures of terror!

I can hear you laughing the through the computer screen, don't do it!

This is a very real terror! I mean, not as bad as crickets and sharks... but still up there. I mean, once I die, I'll have a few very choice words for the genius who was in charge of inventing these animals. I mean really?

Anyway, into the bird stuff. For reasons that shall not be mentioned due to the absence of my

camera, I was plumb wore out this morning... like incoherent wore out. I couldn't even form a sentence according to my mom (I say according to my mom because in my mind I was making perfect sense!) so she let me stay home and catch up on some MUCH NEEDED rest.

I slept from 8:00 this morning (when she tried to wake me up) to 1:00 this afternoon! ... it aint no thang.

So when my mother and three brothers returned from church they came with the story of this crazy scary bird that was sitting right next to the car after church today!

According to them it was like a cross between a quail, a dove, and a roadrunner, had red eyes, and was extremely territorial.

Whenever they would get close to it, it'd open it beak and squack and fluff it's feathers and flap it's wings (but not fly).


Um... holy thankful I didn't go to church today???

Well this is the bird...

Photobucket

I'll let you be the judge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree. That bird is pretty scary, and it's eyes creep me out.

Unknown said...

Oh! And p.s.~ I think you are the best, and I love you! You make me smile :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs