Once upon a time there was this girl who decided to actually try and look cute for school one day. She showered then night before so that her hair would dry all curly and cute and what not and that it did. That it did. So once her hair was curly she stuffed it up into a bun on top of her head. And that was cute too. And then she put on some clothes and makeup, and they looked quite aight. :) And she was happy.
She got a few compliments at school, and she was happy. And then during band a guy who normally teases her for being a weirdy (which she proudly is) told her that she looked pretty today. And what was her response?
"Why thank you *boy's name*, that's very kind of you! I actually tried today. :)"
And then he laughed at her like he normally does and told her that it payed off. And again, she was happy.
Then Jeffrey kicked her chair to tease her like he does every day, and then boy who shall not be named kicked her chair too. And then again, and then again, and every time he did she'd look back and laugh at them and roll her eyes for teasing her and when she'd do that he who shall not be named would yell out, "What Jadyn? You actually tried today, I'm not allowed to hit on you?" or, "What? Is it my fault you look so attractive today?" And the compliments actually made her feel like she may be pretty in the smidgenist way... because boy's do not like this girl... it's a proven fact. They never flirt, never ask out, never nada.
SO THEN... after feeling pretty dang happy and good about herself and after doing great in full orchestra rehearsal he who still shall not be named came up to her... and do you know what the jerkwad told her?
"Hey, I was just kidding that whole time, don't get your Mormon panties in a wad. I didn't mean any of it."
Um... hello, I'm the girl, and Ryan the jerkface is the boy, and let this be a note to the boys of the world. Don't pretend flirt with girls. Especially if you're planning on letting her know that you didn't mean any of it. It's mean. It makes her feel bad. And even though she may know who she is and that she doesn't need attention from boys to feel good about herself, it doesn't make it hurt any less when you tell her indirectly that she's not pretty. All girls have at least one beautiful thing about them. Find it. Tell them about it. Make her feel like the princess, not the frog.
Because there are no frogs. Only princes and princesses who haven't been discovered yet.





3 comments:
This post+the last post= Emily is super joyful feeling. I like the thought of us graduating together. : EEP. I also heard you are doing concert choir. Is this story a true one? :)) Because if so, we shall sing AT graduation together! Double EEP! :)
:( LAME BOYS!! You are beautiful and that boy is a jerk. The end!
Jadyn, you are most certainly a princess, and beautiful in every single way!!! And that silly boy I'm sure got embarassed when you didn't flirt back and so tried to save face. Boys don't fake flirt with girls, believe me, I know of which I speak, believe it or not I was a professional flirt back in the day.
Post a Comment