Saturday, July 27, 2013

People... My Life Has Been My Wedding

Okay guys, can we just take a proper moment to breath in the Universe...go ahead, breathe in obnoxiously like you're singing along to "Radioactive"...hold it in for a sec, and let it all out in a big "WHOOOOOPPPPEEEEEE!!!", because I am getting MARRIED! :D
I don't want to be that girl (it's funny, because I just read Mimi's blog and she said the exact same thing only about her mission) who can only talk about her wedding and her fiancĂ© and all  that jazz but I feel entitled to have at least this one moment to jump up and down on the Internet and squeal and wave my hands in the air Seinfeld style.
Now that we have that out of the way can I also just say how much work goes into planning one of these things?!? I know that most of you are like, "Um...chyaaa! Of course it's a lot of work, it's a wedding!" and dudes, of course I knew hypothetically how much work it would be, but now that I am living it? I guess I just didn't expect it to take up SO MUCH of my time and energy! Lately, this has been my life:
-wake up
-go to work
-stay at work
-keep working
-go home
-eat some dinner
-hop on the computer
-continue to plan the budget, carve out the guest list, try to find a date to go dress shopping, keep pinning things on pinterest, nail down prices with the florist and the cake decorator, plan out the food items that will be at your reception, listen to a thousand and one different people tell you how you could be doing and planning all of that better, because everybody assumes that they're opinions on your wedding are much smarter and much better than yours.
-sleep
HA! And that's been my exciting life folks, I know I know... try to hold in your excitement. ;)
However, there have been some bright spots in the midst of my monotony (and plus, don't worry... planning my wedding is a labor of love, because really? It's still all very exciting!)
I finally was able to open the wedding time capsule that I made back in 2007 when I was a beehive. It was actually quite adorable. There was a list of my favorite things about 2007, a list of qualities a wanted for my future spouse, letters from 2007 Jadyn to present Jadyn & Taylor, and various other things like the wedding dress and ring I liked back then (it's funny how tastes change). I am actually so happy that I did this activity and stuck with it for so long. I loved having it there to open and go through when I finally did get engaged and it's a memory I will treasure until I get Alzheimer's someday. 
Also, amidst all of the wedding planning guess what I decided? I'm growing my bangs out! Now wait a minute, before you all start moaning and groaning remembering a.) the last time I tried to grow my bangs out, and b.) my strong statement against growing my hair out for my wedding, calm yourselves. I am still very much keeping my pixie hair, just a style of pixie I haven't tried yet... I think it'd look gorgeous as a bridal style, especially with a short birdcage veil, don't you?
All in all, planning this wedding for just a week has already been a huge undertaking. There is so much that goes into a wedding that you don't even think about at first. But more than that, it's just so much fun! I can finally pin things on pinterest about weddings without feeling like a twelve year old who is trying on her mom's high heel shoes that don't quite fit her yet, I can finally look up wedding dress shops and legitimately plan a time to go, I can watch Say Yes to the Dress and get all giddy because pretty soon, that will be me!
And honestly? That's really all I want right now. I just want to be able to enjoy this phase of my life and to not let the stress of planning get to me.
I also feel the need to gush for a second about just how supportive and wonderful my fiancĂ© has been/is by nature through this whole stage of our lives. I am so thankful that I get to spend eternity with that wonderful man. Exhibit a.) Taylor and I have resolved to make our spirituality a big part of our engagement. Since we know it's going to be a big part of our lives and marriage together, we have made it a priority to start that habit right now. We were both feeling stressed (plus we hadn't seen each other for like... a week) and we knew that a trip to the temple was desperately needed. But wait! The Mesa temple has been closed and will be closed for the rest of the month! What would we do? Of course the only logical thing to do would be to take a trip to Safford to go do baptisms at the Gila Valley Temple...
I'm not joking right now, he filled my car up with gas, and drove us both up to the Gila Valley temple 2 1/2 hours away, all while humoring me in answering questions I had found on pinterest (it's a list of 100 questions engaged couples should ask each other before getting married... the conversations we had from those questions were honestly some of the best conversations we have ever had! They were fantastic!). Three words - and again, humor me - I. Love. Him.
I swear I am working on the Texas post, Erika's wedding post, and proposal story post!
Things have just been busy, but please bear with me and giggle in excitement to yourself because love is in the air.
Oh, and also don't go anywhere for Christmas, because the coolest wedding EVER is most likely going down on December 20th! :)


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs