So yesterday was a fun day...
Long.
But fun.
It included three Sacrament Meetings, one musical number, one mission farewell, Travis' first talk in our new home ward, and a mission open house later that night!
Can you say, "PHEW"?
Because I sure can. :)
But honestly, every time I get to go back and visit that old Santa Rita ward I love it, those people just feel like home again. They're the leaders and friends I grew up with and they have kept a very very special place in my heart.
That being said, many of them hadn't seen me in quite a while...
Let me paint a picture for all of you.
Taylor (my gorgeous trooper of a boyfriend who had worked the night shift right before all of these Sunday shenanigans took place) had offered to accompany from his ward (in which the musical number took place) to the mission farewell of my childhood best friend Brandon back over in the Santa Rita ward. We found the perfect place to sit: the pew right in front of my dear friend Jodi's family, and right behind the Benson family (basically MY family... I've babysat their kids since they're second oldest was just a wee one) who incidentally just had a brand new baby boy!
It was basically the best seat we could have asked for.
So once the meeting started I immediately stole the Benson's precious new baby James and cuddled him for the remainder of the service. It was delightful! I love snuggling me some babies, but newborns are somehow so much more special! Maybe it's because they're brand new, or maybe it's because they're still too young to figure out that you aren't their mom, but either way, I was on cloud 9.
Here I was sitting with my boyfriend in my old home ward with all of these people I loved around me and this gorgeous little newborn in my arms.
And just as that realization of my current situation hit me, something else also dawned on me.
I was sitting in my old home ward: these people love me very much, but haven't seen me in a while. I was sitting with my boyfriend, who's arm was around me: none of these people have ever seen him either. And to top it all off... what was I holding in my arms?
That's right... I freaking looked like I had come back to the home ward married with a BABY!!!
The gravity of my situation wasn't enough for me to give up the little bundle of adorable in my arms however, so really I was asking for what was about to hit me...
..but dudes...
I was not prepared for the outrageous bombardment that was to follow.
All I can say is, a.) Poor Taylor... I'll be lucky if he doesn't run for the hills after this, and b.) NO! I am not married, I don't have an engagement ring on my finger, and I certainly do not have a baby.
But that little guy sure was cute, I wouldn't have complained if he was mine.
I think I'll be due for a visit to the Benson home sometime this week for some more baby cuddles... babies don't keep for long. :)
And that's my funny story of the weekend folks!
Stay tuned for the following:
-I SWEAR the Texas post is coming along... it's a beast that I've been putting off.
and...
-Erika's wedding! The first princess is gone and married as of last Friday (a.k.a. three days ago)... I know, I know... it's an insanity that I'm still trying to wrap my brain around.





No comments:
Post a Comment