Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Melting in my Seat

If I see one more person on Facebook share a picture of their car thermometer followed by a statement dictating how oppressively hot it is outside... I'm going to de-friend them.
That being said...
...holy cow folks, it is h-o-t, HOT!
I always laugh at we Arizona dwellers, we're the biggest weather babies you'll ever see. During the summer we're all crying because of the heat (and rightfully so), begging for the "gorgeous" winter to come back. Then winter comes and we yell at the weather man because he's supposedly doing it wrong. You'll hear people shouting, "I live in Arizona for a reason! It is NOT supposed to be this dang cold outside!" on a regular basis. Then when the heat comes back (the one that we were recently justifying) we act all surprised like they've never experienced such heat before.
I'm one of those people, I giggle at myself.
The short hair helps, however. One of the many perks of being a wallflower having a pixie. My brilliant hair stylist Jill was such a doll to fit me in last minute on Monday for a cut and she hacked off a good inch... boy does it feel GOOD to have that hair off of my head. :)
Oh, and speaking of haircuts, guess who came over to hang out the other day? We turned on Phineas and Ferb, one thing led to another, and then...
 ...my mom was cutting his hair. :)
Ha ha, in all truthfulness we had been trying to set this up for a while and it worked out perfectly when he came over.
He might be a little embarrassed that I shared this picture.
I found out recently that he glances at this corner of the Internet from time to time.
Oh well.
I think he looks pretty dang cute. :)
 
Anyway, I have been SO busy as of late. I just finished up my three week stint with Trend Homes and I am just trying to get my bearings again on how my life is going to run. It's like the tide is coming in and I thought I still had another couple of hours, but now that I'm in the thick of it I am just holding on for dear life. I'm working out a schedule with my little buddy and trying to get back into a routine with that, I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear if I will be hired on part time with Trend permanently, I'm putting together the last two things I need to be officially admitted into the massage program (and sitting in limbo does nothing for my stress levels), I'm getting ready for Erika's wedding on Friday, and I'm trying to give myself enough time to have a summer and spend as much time as I can with my cute man.
Because, you know... I like him or something.
But one thing I have had loads of time to think and daydream about (which is something that I often enjoy doing) is my future. While currently the present is a bit much to handle, imaginary planning the future can often be therapeutic and give the reprieve I need from my current responsibilities to breathe and take them back on headfirst.
I am really excited to be a mom.
I am not ready to be a mom, not by a long shot.
But I am so excited for it.
I am excited to teach my children things, to cook for them, dress them, play with them, cuddle them, soothe their fevers, listen to their stories, mediate their arguments, brush their hair, read to them, and everything else that comes with motherhood.
I want to raise my children to have open minds and open hearts.
I want to teach them the importance of their brains, and the beauty of their individuality.
I want them to know that home is a safe place, and that family means unconditional love.
I want my children to know what it means to meditate.
I want them to view essential oils as the household "norm".
I want my family to go on bike rides together, and hikes.
I want to live somewhere where those things are possible (trees, trails, rivers, clouds).
I want my family to have the kind of love, faith, fun, and strength that Stephanie Nielson's family has. The way her children interact with one another, the way she and her husband interact with one another, everything... it's perfect! And it's really all I want.

Just watch that and tell me it isn't perfection.
You can't, can you?
Thought so. :)
Please forgive me of this mental ramble... sometimes it needs to happen for my brain to be able to think clearly. This kind of clutter needs to be cleaned out for functions to continue working properly.
Hope everybody is having a wonderful summer!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs