Sunday, September 16, 2012

Adulthood

Photobucket

Holy cow... who ever said that being an adult was going to be so...
-hard
-scary
-fast paced
...and who said I was supposed to be born with the predisposed knowledge of how to function as a successful adult?? It took me years to figure out how to be a successful teenager, and yet I am only given a few months to figure out how to manage my time, and my money, and my values and get myself going in society.
Just lickety split.
No prob guys. :)
But seriously, I'm not sure if anything has ever stressed me out more than money has right now. There is never enough, and everything... EVERYTHING eats it up! Before I know it, I'm praying for my next paycheck because Norma Gene has a straw connected to my bank account, and gas prices just keep getting higher.
When I graduated, gas prices were seriously like 30 cents cheaper than they are now, and that was only a couple of months ago. I'm not one to express my political views on the internets, but if Obama isn't out of the Presidency this next term... I'm seriously moving to Canada.
Also, I don't know what it is about banks that scares me so much, but I don't think I've ever been more intimidated by something as I am by my bank! It's ridiculous! The woman who works there is so kind and knows me by name, but I still have soaking palms talking to her. And when I use my card I feel like I'm swiping a sensitive bomb. Like, if I'm running low some bank Nazis are going to leap out of the rafters in ninja outfits and take me down.
I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this rant, but all I know is this:
I am 18, and in a matter of a few short months my life has gone from butterflies and unicorns and High School awesomness to juggling being a full time student, committed care provider for special needs kids, visiting teacher, having two babies to watch at home, trying to fit in exercise to balance my crappy Freshman diet, and trying to impress the cute college boys in Institute.
I suddenly have no time to make a battle plan, no time to regroup.
When I'm home, I watching babies.
When I'm at school, I'm studying.
When I'm at work, I'm working.
I am expected to balance my time as well as my budget while keeping up the grades, being supportive at home, being dedicated at work, and it's all just so CrAzY!
All I can say is this... my parents are SAINTS. They help me out so much, and even though they may drive me a little bit crazy sometimes, and even though things are tight, they never hesitate to help me out when I need it.
And for that I am so thankful.
Because seriously... I'm still trying to figure all of this crap out.
And there's still a lot of crap to go through before I start feeling confident with my new found "adulthood".
Hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon. :)

P.S. I apologize if all of these posts are turning into "Jadyn Complains About Life" posts. I swear that isn't my intent. :) This blog, however, is my place to write about what's going on in my life, and right now my life is absolutely brimming with these kinds of stresses, and blogging is a terrific way to get it off of my chest. This blog has gone through phases, and right now it just may be in a "college stupor" phase. Please bear with me as I stumble through and out of the stupor, however long that may take. :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs